Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sid Meir's Civilization: Beyond Earth
Sid Meir's Civilization: Beyond Earth
The Civilization franchise keeps getting better with this newest version of the civilization building series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYWqE55s24

A briefing of how the game is played and how it looks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_jp88pnNzE
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
RE: Sid Meir's Civilization: Beyond Earth
I've been playing Civ V, and I got the Brave New World DLC. I'll probably wait a while before deciding to get Beyond Earth. I'm kind of an on/off fan of Civilization. It's a good series, and I like strategy games, so sometiems I check what this series has been doing from time to time.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I got Civ V and Beyond Earth at the same time, and honestly? The latter doesn't do much for me. I can't really say why, maybe it has something to do with the tech trees and how, divorced from any sort of framework a player can recognize, there doesn't seem to be much sense of progression. I really got the hang of the series playing Civ V, so maybe going back and playing Beyond Earth again now that I know what I'm doing would give me a better impression, who knows?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I bought it. Not for me... Too much hard work...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I bought Civilisation Beyond Earth about a week ago, and I probably should have listened to the mixed reviews. I took a risk and enjoyed it for a few days but nothing more than that. Without a doubt it has good graphics, music and some good ideas (when you look at the manual) and you can see alot of work went into it, but somehow this doesn't translate into gameplay. it is pretty souless and it was an effort to actually bring myself to complete a Promised Land victory. I did it on easy to get the hang of it, but I am left without much reason to want to play it at a higher level. I downloaded the full Soundtrack from youtube and listen to it fairly often. I heard it on the radio and this got me into listening to game music.

I haven't played turn-based stratedgy before (or Civilisation 5 which has alot better reviews) but I found moving all those units to wage war one at a time deeply frustrating even though it was on easy and it wasn't much effort for me to win. I'm a fan of Rise of Nations, I played Age of Empires III for a bit, but I also like games like Democracy 3, Simcity 4 and Capitalism II. Industry Giant was fun even though it was quite pointless. I bought Beyond Earth thinking about the experience of playing Simcity Societies which pretty much everyone said was a bad game but I liked it and spend waaaaay too many hours on and wondered if I just had excentric taste. But this is the first game I've ever had to decide to ignore it's flaws to actually play it. I did play Republic:The Revolution but that was unplayable beyond a certain point; Beyond Earth is nowhere near as frustrating or excruiating so it would not be fair to compare the two. I just don't "connect" with it which is a really weird experience honestly. I'm used to either loving the games or hating them- where as this one doesn't seem to have a pulse. So don't buy this at full price if you want to buy it. it won't live up to the expectations but is a bit of fun for a few days.
Oh, my youth. The last thing I played of that series was Civ II. Addictively.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

For some reason the only civ game I got into was call to power.  I think if they had made all the others like call to power but with better graphics, then made beyond earth as an add on rather than a separate game I'd probably still be playing it now.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Looks fun i might grab it
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I'll probably buy it off Steam when it goes on sale, it looks alright but from the mixed reviews I wouldn't want to spend that much on it.
(May 27, 2015 at 11:45 pm)Esquilax Wrote: I got Civ V and Beyond Earth at the same time, and honestly? The latter doesn't do much for me. I can't really say why, maybe it has something to do with the tech trees and how, divorced from any sort of framework a player can recognize, there doesn't seem to be much sense of progression. I really got the hang of the series playing Civ V, so maybe going back and playing Beyond Earth again now that I know what I'm doing would give me a better impression, who knows?

I've played every Civ release from Civ I through Civ 5, and I think I'll pass on this, for similar reasons you state above.  (The scientific victory condition in Civ I-V didn't do a thing for me either, after the first time I achieved it.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Realms Beyond Civ 4 AI survivor GUBU 4 1592 July 30, 2017 at 9:12 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Civ Beyond Earth Holden Caulfield 3 1024 November 1, 2014 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Noodly1
  Civilization V jots 10 2346 April 17, 2013 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Violet
  Civilization V everythingafter 10 2899 January 16, 2011 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: muhtesem insan