Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
going to give my all to atheism
going to give my all to atheism
i tried my best to hold on to hope from spirituality. i went from christian to liberal christian, to buddhist/christian but now at age 26 i can see that it is ALL COMPLETE BULLSHIT. the official ansewr to why god doesnt do anything to help people is becuase of free will, so the only reason people really believe is because they are told to. the only gods in this world are natural selection and evolution. did u know theres NO mention about jesus outside the bible in historical records until 200 years AFTER he died at which point the people writing about him weren't even around when he was supposedly alive? i fucking hate christians they always just give condescending advice and false hopes. they are a cancer to this world and next time i get a missionary knocking on my door i just want to take my shot gun and blow their fucking heads off. why doesn't the government move to outlawing religion because they only make things worse? Just send the national guard and out law all religions and when they want to be martyrs and die for their faith, just shoot them in public and rape the christian girls because i hate how they act all righteous but deep down they are just as shitty as everyone else in this world.

i think as atheists what we need to do is stop laying low and remaining silent, and band together and take a stand. make christians want to kill themselves, or leave the country. and dont even get me started on christians in america who think they are being persecuted, they wouldn't last 5 seconds in the middle east. we need to start showing them what real persecution is, and see which of them actually have the balls to stand behind what they believe when they have a gun to their heads.

this would be an interesting experiment because i wonder after every theist on the world dies, and only atheists have children, could new religions and gods be formed in the future? or would science and reason rule forever onward? im thinking maybe if people lied and still believed in god but said they didn't so they could live as parasites. but i wonder if making up god is a natural way to cope, since there's so many religions spread around the world, maybe people instinctively seek a higher power when they feel scared. do you think animals look to a higher power when they are scared?
RE: going to give my all to atheism
Woah, woah. Calm down there! If anything, it's christianity that is a cancer-and I would agree-not christians themselves....hate the belief, not the believer man!....and ESPECIALLY don't call for murder and rape of people, that's just sick.

Anyway, welcomes....I guess?
(June 2, 2015 at 11:36 am)Yoplait Wrote: i tried my best to hold on to hope from spirituality. i went from christian to liberal christian, to buddhist/christian but now at age 26 i can see that it is ALL COMPLETE BULLSHIT.
Okay so far...

Quote:the only gods in this world are natural selection and evolution.
Red flag. Poe Points: 1

Quote: did u know theres NO mention about jesus outside the bible in historical records until 200 years AFTER he died at which point the people writing about him weren't even around when he was supposedly alive?
Mostly true. Poe Points: 1

Quote: i fucking hate christians they always just give condescending advice and false hopes.
Woah there, careful with that edge. Poe points: 2

Quote: they are a cancer to this world and next time i get a missionary knocking on my door i just want to take my shot gun and blow their fucking heads off.
How nice. Poe points: 3

Quote: why doesn't the government move to outlawing religion because they only make things worse?
While said in a juvenile way, an idea that some have toyed with in some form or another to differing degrees. Poe points: 3

Quote:Just send the national guard and out law all religions and when they want to be martyrs and die for their faith, just shoot them in public and RAPE the christian girls because i hate how they act all righteous but deep down they are just as shitty as everyone else in this world.

Yup. Poe points: 4

Very likely a poe. Enjoy your short stay.

EDIT: Updated to match the edited OP.

Quote:i think as atheists what we need to do is stop laying low and remaining silent,
We're not being silent.

Quote: and band together and take a stand.
Careful with trying to force others into your idea of a movement.

Quote: make christians want to kill themselves, or leave the country.
No comment needed. PP: 5

Quote:and dont even get me started on christians in america who think they are being persecuted, they wouldn't last 5 seconds in the middle east.
Irrelevant, but somewhat true in some ways I guess.

Quote: we need to start showing them what real persecution is, and see which one of them actually have the balls to stand behind what they believe when we have a gun to their heads.
I'll pass. PP: 6

Status upgraded to: Nearly certainly a poe.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Rape and murder? Did you stop taking your meds, or are you just a sociopath?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Oh....I think I took him too seriously
My poe radar must be broken, dang it
what are poe points?

sorry i want to actually make a difference. you say we aren't remaining silent but if you don't even do anything whats the point?
(June 2, 2015 at 11:48 am)Yoplait Wrote: but if you don't even do anything whats the point?

You don't know anything about what I do or don't do.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 2, 2015 at 11:48 am)Yoplait Wrote: what are poe points?

(Sniveling little ) Rat-faced git.

Quote:sorry i want to actually make a difference. you say we aren't remaining silent but if you don't even do anything whats the point?

Drink Drain-O frequently.
(June 2, 2015 at 11:50 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(June 2, 2015 at 11:48 am)Yoplait Wrote: but if you don't even do anything whats the point?

You don't know anything about what I do or don't do.

well i can see the attitude of the forum just from my replies. everyone wants the world to be different, but nobody ever wants to do anything. but it doesn't matter im tired of dealing with other people and i notice everything that makes me upset comes from what others say and do, and i feel much better on my own. and everything dies with time so if there is nothing after death and im gonna die before i know it im gonna just live the time i have here in my own peace because people will always make you feel worse. even here the attitude is very condescending just like the christian community.
Heh, nobody here wants theists dead. What we wish for is that they start using their brains. And we can only wish for that Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People are not 'Going to Hell' - they're already in Hell. The Kreisel 22 2379 February 18, 2021 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Yeah, not going to happen!! Mystic 29 4757 October 18, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Does the roo knows all the answers to atheism Gummro 44 8178 January 29, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  How are you going to commit to the war on Christmas? Fidel_Castronaut 108 25883 January 4, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  *trigger warning* What if atheism's not all it seems? PhilosophicalZebra 143 27058 December 27, 2017 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  What atheism is REALLY all about SisterAgatha 71 10305 October 13, 2017 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27100 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Need advice for going to college Won2blv 33 4594 September 19, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Does Jesus Mythicism give atheism a bad name? Jehanne 44 6767 May 19, 2016 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Going to a Roman Catholic school and expressing my opinion. piterski123 7 3360 April 28, 2015 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Iroscato