Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Look At How The Corporate Scum Fuck Over Workers
Another Look At How The Corporate Scum Fuck Over Workers
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/us/las...ments.html

Quote:But the layoffs at Disney and at other companies, including the Southern California Edison power utility, are raising new questions about how businesses and outsourcing companies are using the temporary visas, known as H-1B, to place immigrants in technology jobs in the United States. These visas are at the center of a fierce debate in Congress over whether they complement American workers or displace them.

According to federal guidelines, the visas are intended for foreigners with advanced science or computer skills to fill discrete positions when American workers with those skills cannot be found. Their use, the guidelines say, should not “adversely affect the wages and working conditions” of Americans. Because of legal loopholes, however, in practice companies do not have to recruit American workers first or guarantee that Americans will not be displaced.
Too often, critics say, the visas are being used to import immigrants to do the work of Americans for less money, with laid-off American workers having to train their replacements.

Time to scrap these H-1B visas.
RE: Another Look At How The Corporate Scum Fuck Over Workers
I read this this morning. There ought to be a boycott of these bastards.

It's a really sad commentary that there is any need for such a visa in the USA. Tech skills can't be found here? I'd say that seriously needs to be addressed.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
The workers themselves are virtual serfs.

Quote:The H-1B is a non-immigrant visa in the United States under the Immigration and Nationality Act, section 101(a)(15)(H). It allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. If a foreign worker in H-1B status quits or is dismissed from the sponsoring employer, the worker must either apply for and be granted a change of status to another non-immigrant status, find another employer (subject to application for adjustment of status and/or change of visa), or leave the U.S.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-1B_visa
Well, there is the odd rare job out there that needs this, but the simple way to keep it from being exploited as it has, is to force the companies to pay above the medium salaried level for all of these workers, as they would have been forced to do so by competition within the American marketplace.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Companies always find a way to circle the system, regardless of how many laws you make.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(June 3, 2015 at 6:03 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Well, there is the odd rare job out there that needs this, but the simple way to keep it from being exploited as it has, is to force the companies to pay above the medium salaried level for all of these workers, as they would have been forced to do so by competition within the American marketplace.

And who is going to do that?  The "lawmakers" that these corporate cocksuckers own, lock stock and barrel?
(June 3, 2015 at 6:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(June 3, 2015 at 6:03 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Well, there is the odd rare job out there that needs this, but the simple way to keep it from being exploited as it has, is to force the companies to pay above the medium salaried level for all of these workers, as they would have been forced to do so by competition within the American marketplace.

And who is going to do that?  The "lawmakers" that these corporate cocksuckers own, lock stock and barrel?

Nobody, unless you get Bernie Sanders and the like elected..
Find the cure for Fundementia!
This is an odd part of left wing thought where internationalism and protectionism seem to clash. While Min might describe those people as being 'virtual serfs' the reality is that these jobs are way better than anything they are going to have in India. The idea that Americans having them is somehow a morally superior option than other people who probably need them more just doesn't clash. Also unlike outsourcing, these jobs are subject to American wage laws and regulation.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Re-read the part about them being serfs who can't quit without then being deported.

(P.S. - I don't give a flying fuck about India.)
They absolutely are subject to american wage law, lol, such as it is.  That's how you can get quality talent willing to work for minimum wage.   Electronics manufacturing is filled to the brim with H-1s and political refuges (and this is only anecdotal..but we never let them forget that if they fucked up, while min-waging a previously 60k a year job...... they weren't -just- fired...it was back to Hellholia /w them.) It's a very direct way to exploit someone who, as you know, doesn't want to go home. Do it or else, 82hour work weeks or else. Shut your mouth about the offgassing in the etching room or else...if you so much as sigh and it -sounds- like "OSHA" gtfo, try to find other employment and we're putting you on a boat immediately.....Laos is wonderful this time of the year, I hear -on and on it goes.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does rasising the corporate tax rate help or hurt? jasonelijah 16 819 March 30, 2021 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Fuck them BrokenQuill92 1 421 October 27, 2020 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Sal
  What is that fat Orange fuck hiding ? GODZILLA 35 2881 February 18, 2019 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Judge Tells The WLB to Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 0 867 October 25, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Then Fuck God. Minimalist 10 1409 October 2, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Billions for Billionaires and Zero for Workers Minimalist 19 852 September 6, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1234 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fuck You, You Orange Piece of Shit Minimalist 24 3037 June 18, 2018 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Government workers that promote AA Bahana 16 2294 April 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  SCOTUS Invites Republicunts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 11 2169 February 6, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda