Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help?
help?
(I'm REALLY anxious typing this so I'm sorry if it's incoherent)

I'm sorry if it's out of place, but I wanted to get this off my chest.

I cut myself and have fallen back to the habit recently. I'm not asking for pity, I want people to know because I want to stop and thought if many people knew, it would be harder for me to do it again. It's a lot like an addiction and I find myself craving more every time I do it, like a vicious cycle. I'm afraid it will get out of control and constantly paranoid about people noticing. I do it for the relief, out of anxiety and self-hatred, but after the relief the anxiety and guilt get even worse, so I do it again, and so it goes on. I don't want to go on like this. It's been less than 24 hours since the last time.

I'm sorry for bothering you all with this. Thanks just for reading the above.
RE: help?
It's no problem, it's really good you are talking about it. You're always welcome to PM me if it will help as well.

I'm very sorry to hear about what you're going through Sad Are you able to get any professional help with this?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Thank you, that's very kind. Smile

(June 4, 2015 at 1:06 pm)robvalue Wrote: Are you able to get any professional help with this?

Yea, sorry, forgot to mention. I'll get to a professional as soon as possible, I'm working up the courage. It's pretty difficult to talk about, especially because I get very anxious around strangers
Sure, I understand that totally. Maybe you could pursue the help by phone or email to get you started? Either to apply, or to a telephone based helpline?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(June 4, 2015 at 12:58 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: (I'm REALLY anxious typing this so I'm sorry if it's incoherent)

I'm sorry if it's out of place, but I wanted to get this off my chest.

I cut myself and have fallen back to the habit recently. I'm not asking for pity, I want people to know because I want to stop and thought if many people knew, it would be harder for me to do it again. It's a lot like an addiction and I find myself craving more every time I do it, like a vicious cycle. I'm afraid it will get out of control and constantly paranoid about people noticing. I do it for the relief, out of anxiety and self-hatred, but after the relief the anxiety and guilt get even worse, so I do it again, and so it goes on. I don't want to go on like this. It's been less than 24 hours since the last time.

I'm sorry for bothering you all with this. Thanks just for reading the above.

I hope very much that it does help to tell.  Do seek help.  Rob is right that you can begin with emails.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Would it help if I asked you to stop ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

If you can work up the courage to tell us i'm sure you can work up the courage to speak to a professional about it, hope you can get it under control Smile

Quote:I want to stop and thought if many people knew, it would be harder for me to do it again

This is where therapy can be very useful, if you have a regular appointment with someone you've built up a rapport with you'll find yourself not wanting to let them down
“The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”  - George Carlin
(June 4, 2015 at 1:23 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Yea, sorry, forgot to mention. I'll get to a professional as soon as possible, I'm working up the courage. It's pretty difficult to talk about, especially because I get very anxious around strangers

Perhaps you can gain courage through the encouragement of those here.
I have no expertise or experience to offer.
Only my good will and agreement with advice to seek professional help.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
<twin hug>
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Thank you all for your support and advice, it helps a lot. You guys rock Smile

(June 4, 2015 at 1:48 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Would it help if I asked you to stop ?

I think so

(June 4, 2015 at 2:40 pm)TRJF Wrote: <twin hug>

*pat pat*