Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Words of encouragement
Words of encouragement
Don't believe in yourself believe in the that believes in you. I know you can you can do great things you should do great things.
Be like Nike and just do it! really just do it! if its illegal things don't do it. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Words of encouragement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4teMvG0RzyU
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Where's Arnie when you need him?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Here's a real piece of advice I gave to my daughter "Always don't be yourself."

It was in response to her actions out in public. She was climbing all over me and being a huge dork. At home, I don't mind, but in public I like to be as invisible as possible, so while she was being a dork and making me laugh, I said "Stop being a dork." And she says "I'm just being myself." To which I said "Always don't be yourself", which only made us laugh harder, because its a horrible thing to say, and made even funnier by being put into mantra/advice form. Anyhow, that's become a thing with us; a sort of anti-encouragement thing. I'm such a good dad.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Cthulhu beleives in you.

Well, that's not entirely true.  Cthulhu believes you'd make a tasty snack - but it's hard to build a cult without telling a few little lies.
(June 5, 2015 at 8:59 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Where's Arnie when you need him?

He'll be back.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 542452 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Interlocutor and other ugly words. Succubus 0 206 March 29, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Cordless headphones, I don't have the words... Gawdzilla Sama 9 1489 July 9, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Words and cultural differences pocaracas 15 1785 June 3, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Words... Foxaèr 24 4170 April 3, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Words To Think About Minimalist 2 519 August 10, 2017 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Words out of context. brewer 19 1445 July 22, 2017 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Trigger Words Loading Please Wait 64 5830 January 7, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Words to be avoided in Polite Conversation Firefighter01 68 7755 September 23, 2016 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Firefighter01
  Code Words/Phrases brewer 21 2688 July 5, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Losty