Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saudi court upholds blogger's 10 years and 1,000 lashes
Saudi court upholds blogger's 10 years and 1,000 lashes
Saudi Arabia's Supreme Court has upheld the sentence of 1,000 lashes and 10 years of imprisonment on blogger Raif Badawi, despite a foreign outcry.
Speaking from Canada, his wife Ensaf Haidar told news agency AFP, "this is a final decision that is irrevocable."
In 2012, Badawi was arrested and charged with "insulting Islam through electronic channels".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-33039815

All I can say is that islam must be a weak and pathetic religion if it can't take a few insults    Angry
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Saudi court upholds blogger's 10 years and 1,000 lashes
A disgrace for human rights.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Pieces of shit Sad Allah has a real glass jaw then, if he needs constantly jumping on to protect? I can't believe our countries have anything to do with them. Oil, I guess. Three little letters make up for a total lack of basic human rights. I couldn't bear living in a place like that.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Always reminds me of Ingersoll's comment from over a century ago.

Quote:An infinite God ought to be able to protect himself, without going in partnership with State Legislatures. Certainly he ought not so to act that laws become necessary to keep him from being laughed at. No one thinks of protecting Shakespeare from ridicule, by the threat of fine and imprisonment.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll

Barbaric towel heads.
What the fuck?! Angry

Makes me appreciate living with religious freedom....this sort of shit belongs in the dark ages
I wonder how those fuckers would feel if we withheld, say, $10,000,000 in military aid (or its equivalent in military hardware) for each lash plus another $50,000,000 for each year of the sentence? Would that bruise Allah's pussy too?
(June 7, 2015 at 1:27 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: I wonder how those fuckers would feel if we withheld, say, $10,000,000 in military aid (or its equivalent in military hardware) for each lash plus another $50,000,000 for each year of the sentence?  Would that bruise Allah's pussy too?

Problem is these countries have oil. While they have oil they can do this shit and go unchallenged, and they know it. It's not the entire problem, but that's one of many reasons I think western governments take a cultural relativist stance and stay silent when these countries have scandals. It's all so corrupt.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(June 7, 2015 at 2:49 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote:
(June 7, 2015 at 1:27 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: I wonder how those fuckers would feel if we withheld, say, $10,000,000 in military aid (or its equivalent in military hardware) for each lash plus another $50,000,000 for each year of the sentence?  Would that bruise Allah's pussy too?

Problem is these countries have oil. While they have oil they can do this shit and go unchallenged, and they know it. It's not the entire problem, but that's one of many reasons I think western governments take a cultural relativist stance and stay silent when these countries have scandals. It's all so corrupt.

Oh, I know.  It's sure a good thing we didn't heed President Carter (more: actively mocked him) when he was so naïve as to suggest that our national energy policy should be considered the moral equivalent of war.  Why should prudence and principle get in the way of profit?  And what's just a bit more blood on our hands after benefitting from the human rights abuses of our many 'friends' for so long now?
(June 7, 2015 at 2:49 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote:

No country is more hypocritical than the USA.  Other countries may be bastards but they don't try to act like they are angels.   
Islam cannot survive. Not in an increasingly progressive society when it would rather remain in the dark ages.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saudi Arabia executes 81 human beings in one day. Jehanne 56 7096 March 24, 2022 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sudan ends 30 years of Islamic Law Foxaèr 34 5905 September 9, 2020 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quranic manuscripts from 1400 years WinterHold 44 6695 December 24, 2019 at 9:18 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  10 years 10 months imprsionment for FB post yragnitup 8 741 March 14, 2019 at 2:44 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Some Music History For Saudi Stooges ReptilianPeon 0 380 September 25, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  BREAKING: Cold War-era Wahhabism used as tool against Soviets. Saudi Arabia Admits WinterHold 23 4270 September 14, 2018 at 5:29 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  In 50 years, Islam may be the world's largest religion, according to Pew Alexmahone 2 671 June 25, 2018 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A poem of Salah I wrote back some years ago: Mystic 3 2552 April 4, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  Saudi Arabia: Snapchat and the Wahhabi defeat WinterHold 10 3310 March 16, 2018 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Saudi Arabia: a story of pure darkness WinterHold 18 4506 December 12, 2017 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Brian37