Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In defense of Satan
In defense of Satan
Genesis 2:16,17
16And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

That is what the biblical god said to the fictional Adam and Eve.
This is what Satan said to Eve.

Genesis 3:4,5
4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Technically if it wasn't for Satan disguised as the serpent doing what he did, we would all be walking around like the Stepford wives or something. A bunch of ignorant automatons. So in reality Jesus did not save us Satan did.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

RE: In defense of Satan
Hail Satan!

[Image: 1111_woodland_critters.jpg]
You're knowledge of the Bible is very good

This intrigues me as it seems to be that you are right, in the words of the Bible Satan liberated us Smile
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
Lmao Tavarish I wouldn't go as far as worshipping him but I do think that when it comes to the biblical Satan he did get the short end of the stick. He is blamed for all the evil in the world while he actually does very little of it. In the meantime, god is running all over the bible saturating it with innocent blood and he is the good guy?

Perhaps God accidentally tripped and pressed the 'look like an ARSEHOLE' button on the divine button machination
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
Here is another thing.............
Revelation 12:7-9
7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Now what kind of a freaking bone headed move was that? God had the opportunity to destroy Satan once and for all, but instead he chooses to cast him down to us (Earth). Gods great plan is flawed in so many ways as to classify him as stupid and inept.

CP the only thing I see that could be considered as stupid is you believing that you could possibly know the mind of an omniscient being. Before you get bent out of shape understand I'm not saying you are stupid I'm saying the thought is. Gods own words... Your ways are not My ways and My thoughts are not your thoughts for My ways and thoughts are far different than yours they are higher than yours, as the heavens are above the earth.

To destroy Satan at that time would have gone against God's will an the freewill God gave mankind. If God had destroyed Satan at that time it would have meant God was only interestd in having robotic worship. Instead He allows us to choose our own future and live our lives as we choose. Now how is it you can find fault in that.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(April 15, 2010 at 12:29 am)Godschild Wrote: CP the only thing I see that could be considered as stupid is you believing that you could possibly know the mind of an omniscient being. Before you get bent out of shape understand I'm not saying you are stupid I'm saying the thought is. Gods own words... Your ways are not My ways and My thoughts are not your thoughts for My ways and thoughts are far different than yours they are higher than yours, as the heavens are above the earth.

To destroy Satan at that time would have gone against God's will an the freewill God gave mankind. If God had destroyed Satan at that time it would have meant God was only interestd in having robotic worship. Instead He allows us to choose our own future and live our lives as we choose. Now how is it you can find fault in that.

ROFLOL

Said like a true hypocrite who has created a deity that posesses ALL the most dispicable attributes of mankind. Let's face it. Satan / Lucifer isn't the scape goat here...your god is. Giving you permission to perform attrocities small and large and perpetuate fodder for the psychiatrists and psycologists who can then help you dig a bigger whole for yourself. Talk about Carthexis!!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 14, 2010 at 11:42 am)chatpilot Wrote: Here is another thing.............
7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Now what kind of a freaking bone headed move was that? God had the opportunity to destroy Satan once and for all, but instead he chooses to cast him down to us (Earth). Gods great plan is flawed in so many ways as to classify him as stupid and inept.
You know more about the Bible than I, but I thought Revelation was talking about the future?
(April 15, 2010 at 8:43 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(April 14, 2010 at 11:42 am)chatpilot Wrote: Here is another thing.............

You know more about the Bible than I, but I thought Revelation was talking about the future?

If you read Revelations properly you see that it is not a battle between good and evil as usually

portrayed in movies etc, but god inflicting evil on the world(really loving behaviour there)

@ Godschild, what freewill?

According to your lot, the minute we exercise our "freewill" god condemns us to hell for eternity.

Where is the choice in that?

And on the subject of freewill, christians constantly maintain that evil is a consequence of us being

allowed to execise our freewill.

If so, when an act of evil is committed what about the freewill of the victim?

Where do their choices come in to it?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Satan better than God? Disagreeable 37 2592 January 31, 2022 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God vs Satan - Bible UniverseCaptain 5 1202 October 17, 2021 at 10:55 am
Last Post: no one
  Satan and Making Mock zwanzig 24 2252 May 21, 2021 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  In Defense of God. The Grand Nudger 55 13150 June 27, 2017 at 2:28 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Santa is an anagram for Satan goombah111 34 5021 January 27, 2017 at 5:33 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why don't Christians admire/LOVE SATAN instead of the biblical God? ProgrammingGodJordan 18 3630 January 21, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What if Satan won? ForsakenHeretic 67 17345 September 2, 2015 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Challenge to christians: Satan wrote the bible robvalue 120 23063 February 15, 2015 at 5:13 am
Last Post: emilynghiem
Tongue It's Satan who plants the question 'why?' MountainsWinAgain 12 3498 June 20, 2014 at 9:28 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  In Defense of the Kalam Avodaiah 31 5823 March 12, 2014 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Alex K