Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viva El Toro
Viva El Toro
Sorry.  No use for bullfighting.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/spanish-...testicles/

Quote:Spanish bullfighter gored in testicles

Go Bulls!
RE: Viva El Toro
As far as I am concerned, Toreros consciously provoke an unfair fight to the death. If one got ripped his head off I'd probably be congratulating the bull.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Quote:The infirmary said in its medical report that he had suffered a “bull horn wound in the scrotum which caused bruising and evisceration of the left testicle.”

There's a reason there's a saying about messing with the bull, but while this guy got what he deserves, I can't stop cringing at the phrase "evisceration of the left testicle."

Brutal.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Bull 1: so bro, where you been?
Bull 2: ballin'.
*high five*
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
It lifted him up in the air, too. Imagine all your weight resting on a horn that bored through your ball.

Super brutal.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I feel bad for bullfighting, but I also feel like the fight in countries like Portugal and Spain is worthless with the current system - Bullfighting is considered by UNESCO and the governments to be national patrimony and culture and thus it is a protected activity as much as monuments, historical documents, etc.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

From your link:

Quote:The huge black fighting bull reared its head and thrust its left horn into Marcos Galan’s groin, lifting him in the air, after he thrust two spears into the animal’s back on Sunday at Madrid’s Las Ventas bullring, Spain’s largest.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/spanish-...testicles/

The bull was just giving him a little bit of payback.  As far as I am concerned, anyone who engages in such cruelty deserves to be gored in the testicles.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Quote:A big Texan cowboy stopped at a local restaurant following a day of drinking and roaming around in Mexico. While sipping his tequila, he noticed a sizzling, scrumptious looking platter being served at the next table. Not only did it look good, but the smell was wonderful..

He asked the waiter, "What is that you just served?" The waiter replied, "Ah Senor, you have excellent taste! Those are bull's testicles from the bullfight this morning. A delicacy!"

The cowboy, undaunted, said, "What the heck, I'm on vacation, I'll have some!" The waiter replied, "I am so sorry Senor. There is only one serving per day because there is only one bullfight each morning. If you place your order now, we will be sure to save you this delicacy for tomorrow"

The cowboy placed the order and the next evening he was served the one and only special delicacy of the day. After a few bites, and inspecting the contents of his platter, he called to the waiter and said, "These are delicious, but they are much smaller than the ones I saw you serve yesterday"

The waiter shrugged his shoulders and replied, "Si, Senor ... sometimes the bull wins."
So it's only still a thing because it's tradition? What a pile of shit Angry
While I generally abhor bullfighting, still, mangling a beautiful set of latin man nuts is just too awful to contemplate.

If the toreador wanted to stop by and have me make a fuss over his injuries, I would be honored.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it.