Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING NEWS: Philae wakes up
BREAKING NEWS: Philae wakes up
In a real-life version of upcoming film "The Martian", the Philae lander has woken up and made contact with Earth. Take that, Ridley Scott.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: BREAKING NEWS: Philae wakes up
Woo! Humans are amazing! Go Philae!! Big Grin
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Ha! you beat me to it, I was just going to post this news!
This is great news, I hope they manage to get the drill working before the local clangers stop them Smile
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I'm just hoping that Microsoft didn't have any involvement with Philae.
If they are, I hope their asteroid mining progs are more efficient than their data mining progs.
I like Cognos though, it can drill through anything.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Hate to admit this, but I thought Jesus had a better chance of coming back than Philae did.

Happy news indeed !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Philae comet back to life!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

A cute little probe - or a Philae mignon.

No?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Music to my ears, a veritable Philaermonic.
All Philær, no killer!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(June 14, 2015 at 9:33 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Hate to admit this, but I thought Jesus had a better chance of coming back than Philae did.

Happy news indeed !!

Philae - 1
Jesus -  0

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Now: Philae separation from Rosetta, waiting for confirmation Alex K 25 3008 November 18, 2014 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Jackalope