Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, Horseshit
Oh, Horseshit
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/1-2-bill...-man-made/

Quote:1.2 billion Catholics now firmly in the camp of those who say climate change is man-made

Still pushing the agenda that because pope frank...or any other asshole in a dress...says something that catholics fall in line because their fuhrer says so.  Tell that to the 80% who invite the church to go fuck itself on contraception.

(Even if, by accident it seems, he finally did get one right.)
RE: Oh, Horseshit
The Vatican has been talking about climate change for decades now, this isn't some hip Popey Frank progressive thing, as much as his PR wants to make it seem so.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Catholics don't care what the pope or even the bible says, they'll cherry pick the living shit out of any 'imperative' to suit themselves anyway
(June 16, 2015 at 12:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/1-2-bill...-man-made/

Quote:1.2 billion Catholics now firmly in the camp of those who say climate change is man-made

I'd rather they come to that conclusion by using their brain but I'll take their support any way I can get it.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
This encyclical isn't some hippy thing, if you actually read it what Franky is actually saying is "abortion is bad, and anyone who tells you we need to reduce the population of humans by not procreating as much is a damned liar".

It's not actually what the news sources are reporting it as.
(June 16, 2015 at 12:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/1-2-bill...-man-made/

Still pushing the agenda that because pope frank...or any other asshole in a dress...says something that catholics fall in line because their fuhrer says so.  Tell that to the 80% who invite the church to go fuck itself on contraception.

(Even if, by accident it seems, he finally did get one right.)

This former Catholic agrees. The Pope being on the right side of saying it is man made, is really simply religion attempting to market itself to stay relevant. When you look at the totality of the history of the institution, it is clear that religion only goes with facts when they can use them for PR. This isn't one label doing this, but all religions pull this tactic. When religion cant debunk science, it attempts to co opt it.

This Pope still is head of an institution that frowns on birth control, and abortion, and has been two faced about LGBT telling the west to be "tolerant" while telling parts of Asia that traditional marriage has to be defended. And lets not forget it's history of hiding child molesters.
Yeah...one step forward, two steps back.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33214681

Quote:Pope Francis prays before Turin Shroud

Gotta make sure the idiots keep forking out the cash to see the holy horseshit.
I don't have to agree with the person, who says something right occasionally to welcome the effect his words have on that portion of people, who do accept him as an authority.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(June 21, 2015 at 12:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Yeah...one step forward, two steps back.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33214681

Quote:Pope Francis prays before Turin Shroud

Gotta make sure the idiots keep forking out the cash to see the holy horseshit.

Some moron on social media  posted an article about that concocted artifact. It claims the most recent scientific investigation puts the Turin closer to the alleged time of Jesus and ties it to Israel. I really don't give a fuck if it was proven that that rag was found in Israel. Proving that would not make magic babies born without two sets of DNA real, nor would it make zombie gods surviving rigor mortis a reality. 

The Pope having a science degree does not change the fact that he still amounts to being the president of a comic book club. He still peddles a book full of scientific absurdities regardless. 

But again, this is what all religions do. When religion cannot debunk science, it attempts to co opt science. I have seen this tactic from Jews and Muslims and Hindus, and even once, a Rastafarian.

Humans with religion worldwide simply don't want to face that science as a method is completely independent of religion and does not require any religion to understand and employ.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Holy Horseshit...No Matter Who Wrote It...Is The Problem Minimalist 7 4028 December 12, 2015 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd