Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:38 pm

Poll: How do you feel about turning 50?
This poll is closed.
I loved it
0%
0 0%
I hated it.
16.67%
3 16.67%
Looking fotward to it.
16.67%
3 16.67%
I'm scared.
16.67%
3 16.67%
I don't care/think about it.
50.00%
9 50.00%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 More Days
12 More Days
I will be 50 years old in 12 days (July 2). so are you guys going to send me a partridge in a pear tree, or what?

I already got my red hat. I will be inducted into the Red Hat Club—women who face their second half century with zest, zim, vigor and vitality!
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: 12 More Days
Best wishes on the upcoming festive.

Screw everyone else, take yourself out for a good pampering.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It'll be alright. I turned fifty three years ago and the sky didn't fall. It's just a number.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I will be 49 this October and I don't know how I feel about it. Physically, I feel really good but it is weird to think that I will be 50 next year
I'm three years away and looking forward to it. Imagine making it to the halfway point!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I'm afraid I don't deal with aging well. It was turning forty that really got to me. By the time I turned fifty, I was resigned to being an old fart - and I don't like it. Oh, well; what can I do?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
You guys are old.

*ducks*

Tongue
I have to turn 40 before I start concerning myself with turning 50.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I'll turn 50 in a year-and-a-half and couldn't care less. It's just a number. I hope you have a fun-filled birthday.
(June 22, 2015 at 10:30 am)Neimenovic Wrote: You guys are old.

*ducks*

Tongue

We know.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  8 days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 44 2597 December 12, 2021 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  2375 Days and Counting onlinebiker 10 979 September 20, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What are you missing these days? Gawdzilla Sama 18 1443 April 28, 2020 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  30 Days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 61 4015 December 31, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  80 days to go. onlinebiker 77 10900 September 2, 2019 at 12:20 pm
  Nineteen days left Foxaèr 50 3518 April 30, 2019 at 11:27 am
Last Post: madog
  13 days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 195 13976 November 29, 2018 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Thread of Days. Gawdzilla Sama 36 3331 September 4, 2018 at 6:25 am
  When was "your" good old days? ignoramus 49 6640 April 4, 2018 at 8:07 am