Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh my heart....
Sad 
Oh my heart....
Does anyone else see a fully intact cat lying on the side of the road and stop the car to make sure he isn't still alive? And upon confirming that he is dead, spend the next 15 minutes sobbing about it uncontrollably? Sad 

I'm pathetic.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Oh my heart....
I've stopped for similar reasons and would have taken the animal to the vet if it had been alive, but alas. No sobbing though.

There's nothing pathetic about being sensitive.
When I was a kid, somebody drowned 6 kittens and their mother in a keg near the school racecourse. I was more angry than sad. What a fucking sicko.
When I was playing rugby on a regular basis, my fellow prop was a great brute - bigger than me (and I'm not small), heavily tattooed, a permanent scowl, and a beard you could lose a badger in.

I'll never forget if I live to be 100.  He was giving me a lift home after practice, when he stands on the brake and bolts out of the car.  I didn't even have time to think, 'Da fuck?' when he comes dashing back, stripped to the waist and holding a bleeding cat wrapped in his jersey.  He jumps in the back and screams at me, 'Drive! Find a vet!!'

Long story short, Des - big, scary Des, terror of the rugby pitch - spent £1500 rebuilding a damaged cat, kept it for the rest of it's life and named it (I swear this is true) Captain Rumples.

Always liked Des.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'm the same with every animal.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
No, but I hate cats. If it was a dog or a fox maybe I might care but a cat?

I'd probably drive over it again to make sure it was dead. Little bastards keep digging up my flowers.
(June 22, 2015 at 4:49 pm)abaris Wrote: I'm the same with every animal.

I can't say I stop for the wild animals. Unless I could tell they really were alive, in which case I would absolutely stop.

But for cats and dogs, yes. If I can't tell be 100% sure that they are dead, I stop. One of my cats was a kitten I found in the middle of the highway right after having been run over. I still don't know how he survived.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
That isn't pathetic at all. I'm sorry the cat you found was dead. Sad I'd rescue every animal if I could.
I've taken strays to the vet more than once. We kept a dog we found broken up on the side of the road, after the vet fixed her up, until she died of old age. And my neighbors abandonded their cat when they moved when I was in my 20's, and I took her in. She was already old and had health issues, but I got her medication for her hypothyroidism and she lived with us many years before passing away form old age, as well.

And those damn Pet Shelter commercial make me cry....so I don't think you are weird or pathetic. It's good to want to take care of animals. Smile And be sad over dead ones.

(My husband suffered for MONTHs after he had to have his cat put down for cancer. He failed a big test, moped around for ages, and cried. It's only the 3rd time I've seen him cry in 13 years).
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(June 22, 2015 at 5:04 pm)Aroura Wrote: That isn't pathetic at all. I'm sorry the cat you found was dead. Sad  I'd rescue every animal if I could.  
I've taken strays to the vet more than once.  We kept a dog we found broken up on the side of the road, after the vet fixed her up, until she died of old age. And my neighbors abandonded their cat when they moved when I was in my 20's, and I took her in.  She was already old and had health issues, but I got her medication for her hypothyroidism and she lived with us many years before passing away form old age, as well.

And those damn Pet Shelter commercial make me cry....so I don't think you are weird or pathetic. It's good to want to take care of animals. Smile  And be sad over dead ones.

(My husband suffered for MONTHs after he had to have his cat put down for cancer. He failed a big test, moped around for ages, and cried.  It's only the 3rd time I've seen him cry in 13 years).

Thank you so much for doing that.

-walsh
I remember running a bird over two years ago. Flew just in front of my car. No chance to hit the brakes. Thankfully it was the only time it actually happened to me, but I was down for the rest of the day.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The most heart warming advertisement ever ErGingerbreadMandude 17 2658 February 13, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  I lost my heart today. Mudhammam 32 4909 November 20, 2015 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Staring at Breasts increases heart health WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth 12 5750 April 9, 2012 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth
  What a waste of a perfectly good heart popeyespappy 8 4055 March 26, 2012 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Prevent heart disease the fun way Rokcet Scientist 2 1020 March 20, 2012 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Man suffers heart attack at Heart Attack Grill Doubting Thomas 4 1517 February 15, 2012 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Map of a Woman's Heart thesummerqueen 36 9434 December 5, 2011 at 11:38 am
Last Post: Handprint
  some tips to keep your heart healthy robetjems 4 2346 November 6, 2009 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc