Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Answer me these questions three.
Answer me these questions three.
Question the first: Would it be possible to make the 'Newest Posts' and 'Newest Threads' on the Overview show as 'read' or 'unread'? Bold for anything 'unread' would suffice.

Next question: Wouldn't it be cool if the Shoutbox scrolled the other way, so that the newest posts were on the bottom? More like an actual chat.

Four! (three, sir) Three!: Have you ever considered creating a repository of knowledge? Perhaps a forum (or maybe just a thread) that houses good points, arguments, refutations, and the like. Something useful to help atheists that have been posed a question or encountered an argument they aren't sure how to answer/counter.
RE: Answer me these questions three.
That's weird and spooky.. I was just thinking about three myself. Some sort of tag system for an individual post that could then be searched for..

I mean, some of the posts on this forum are almost in the realm of dissertations.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
1. Yeah at the moment that's anonymous. Today's posts does that.

2. hmm yeah Smile

3. Good idea. Tis subjective of course, and discriminatory against us, your superiors :S

(April 17, 2010 at 12:42 pm)Darwinian Wrote: I mean, some of the posts on this forum are almost in the realm of dissertations.
You're too kind Big Grin
(April 17, 2010 at 1:00 pm)fr0d0 Wrote:
(April 17, 2010 at 12:42 pm)Darwinian Wrote: I mean, some of the posts on this forum are almost in the realm of dissertations.
You're too kind Big Grin

I said posts, not ramblings :p
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I like the third idea a lot Smile One might be sometimes interesting, but we really can just look at http://atheistforums.org/search.php?action=getdaily for that. I'm all for expanding the overview box and making it customizable though! Tongue

2 seems like a option that could be added in for some people.... if you beg Adrian for it he might give it to you Tongue I support your idea of more little choices on the forums! Big Grin
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Those are good ideas.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

(April 17, 2010 at 12:39 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Question the first: Would it be possible to make the 'Newest Posts' and 'Newest Threads' on the Overview show as 'read' or 'unread'? Bold for anything 'unread' would suffice.
No.

Quote:Next question: Wouldn't it be cool if the Shoutbox scrolled the other way, so that the newest posts were on the bottom? More like an actual chat.
We have a chat room for that. The shoutbox is for shouts. I don't see a problem with scrolling down; every other shoutbox seems to do it.

Quote:Four! (three, sir) Three!: Have you ever considered creating a repository of knowledge? Perhaps a forum (or maybe just a thread) that houses good points, arguments, refutations, and the like. Something useful to help atheists that have been posed a question or encountered an argument they aren't sure how to answer/counter.
Saerules kinda requested something like this: http://atheistforums.org/topposts.php
Coo... Top Posts (that wasn't there already was it??)

This forum is getting gargantuan in it's customisation. It'll soon have a mind of it's own.
I'm gonna have to redesign a lot of the customisation. The problem with them is that they all require complex MySQL queries, which are a strain on the server. The only solution is to have a cache of results which I can read easily and then simply update that cache every 15 minutes.

So there will be a 15 minute delay in getting results out, but it shouldn't affect the system too much.
The vast majority of stats doen't need to be live IMO. It's great that it can be 15 minutes old, heck I'd live with daily.