Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am insignificant.
I am insignificant.
It's true.  No matter how much money I make, how many children I have, how much of a mess of things I make.  I will be forgotten.  Humans created the word "Microscopic" specifically to describe things smaller than us.  In the grand scheme of the universe the word appropriately applies to us.

It doesn't bother me.  On the contrary it takes a lot of pressure off of my existence.  No matter how bad I screw up, it will all end up just fine.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: I am insignificant.
I agree.
My only requirement is that I am happy till I die.
Some people do change the world for the better.
Unfortunately, I'm not one of those, sadly.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 27, 2015 at 11:31 pm)ignoramus Wrote: I agree.
My only requirement is that I am happy till I die.
Some people do change the world for the better.
Unfortunately, I'm not one of those, sadly.

But neither do we generally make it worse.  I hope.  Even so, I doubt my impact is that great, either way.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
In the grand scheme yes. In your personal life no. Look out side of yourself. I believe that there are significant things/issues we can accomplish each day. Why do you think you can't be one of then to make an impact on societyt? Hate to see any with the I give up mind set. ignoramus excluded. From your posts you seem to be quite happy!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Indiference is waste and chaos. There is real passion for life if you put real effort into life. No offence
Insignificant ?!?!?!?!?!

Piffle, you twits, piffle I say !!!

What of kudos and post count here ??

Huh? Got you there, don't I !!!

AF kicks ass throughout the multiverse of folded tertiary ducted continua !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 28, 2015 at 12:09 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Insignificant ?!?!?!?!?!

Piffle, you twits, piffle I say !!!

What of kudos and post count here ??

Huh?  Got you there, don't I !!!

AF kicks ass throughout the multiverse of folded tertiary ducted continua !!!

If your continua has been folded and tertiary ducted, I recommend consulting your doctor Vorlon :|
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(June 27, 2015 at 11:11 pm)Spooky Wrote: It's true.  No matter how much money I make, how many children I have, how much of a mess of things I make.  I will be forgotten.  Humans created the word "Microscopic" specifically to describe things smaller than us.  In the grand scheme of the universe the word appropriately applies to us.

It doesn't bother me.  On the contrary it takes a lot of pressure off of my existence.  No matter how bad I screw up, it will all end up just fine.

If you have children or a spouse, then I'd say this attitude is unnecessarily selfish.  Significance is relative, and if you put yourself in a position of significance, then calling yourself stardust to dodge that responsibility is just a cop-out.

So try not to screw up too badly. Smile

Also, as master of a divisible space, you are pretty significant to the gazillions of particles and teeny-tiny universes unfolding inside your body a gazillion times a second. Infinity of scale is bi-directional, you know.
Nonsense. Maybe on some day you talk to someone about atheism and skepticism, they are inspired to pick up a Sagan book, pick up a science book, become a rocket scientist, and are the guy who invents a method to detect the big killer meteor. It may not play out exactly like that, but my point is, you don't have to become famous to be significant for humanity. .

On cosmic scales, well, everyone is insignificant.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Significance is relative. On a cosmological scale, we barely appear. From the point of view of your cat, you're pretty darn important.

We think you're significant c: