Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a black atheist
Ask a black atheist
Technically, im half black, but as far as everyone who doesn't know me is concerned im black.
RE: Ask a black atheist
Not a question, but~

http://youtu.be/3PYani3Rh30

My favorite rapper c:
Any religious upbringing background ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 28, 2015 at 5:26 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Any religious upbringing background ?

My father's side of the family is mostly JW and my mother's is mostly christian(which is what I was raised as) though I never really took it seriously nor was it forced on me.

(June 28, 2015 at 5:26 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Not a question, but~

http://youtu.be/3PYani3Rh30

My favorite rapper c:

Hey, that's pretty damn good Big Grin
Just for context, are you "African American" black?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(June 28, 2015 at 5:32 pm)Alex K Wrote: Just for context, are you "African American" black?

Technically yes, but I don't concern myself with ancestry or heritage
I don't know if you would find the Mormon religious racial crapola funny, pathetic or enraging. Or maybe all 3. I can't recommend you look it up, but if it is something you would have done anyhow (or already have) it is in any regards simply astonishing.

I have remarked here before the Mormon 'executive fiat' that effectively neutralized all the racist writings and teachings is astonishing in it's import, but even more astonishing in it's effrontery towards god.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Even if not from your parents, do you find a lot of pressure and misunderstanding from the wider black community?

Also what made you really lose faith (if you ever had any at all)?

Also welcome to the forum Smile Didn't see your introduction thread before
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(June 28, 2015 at 5:39 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I don't know if you would find the Mormon religious racial crapola funny, pathetic or enraging.  Or maybe all 3.  I can't recommend you look it up, but if it is something you would have done anyhow (or already have) it is in any regards simply astonishing.

I have remarked here before the Mormon 'executive fiat' that effectively neutralized all the racist writings and teachings is astonishing in it's import, but even more astonishing in it's effrontery towards god.

I find all religion to be nonsense, but the mormon variety especially so. Nothing they do surprises or phases me, it's quite laughable really.
(June 28, 2015 at 5:23 pm)FriendlyNeighborhoodAtheist Wrote: Technically, im half black, but as far as everyone who doesn't know me is concerned im black.

Are you Barack Obama paying a visit?

Welcome.

(He has the same problem.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask a former atheist ErGingerbreadMandude 77 14001 November 15, 2017 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Ask a black girl on Social sercurity and welfare. BrokenQuill92 49 6306 October 4, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Ask a lifelong (irreligious) atheist robvalue 29 3203 July 30, 2016 at 3:07 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Ask an atheist Excited Penguin 23 4779 December 21, 2015 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Ask a Traditional Atheist with a short attention span The Valkyrie 12 4486 July 24, 2015 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: InsomniacMike486
  Ask a black girl BrokenQuill92 33 7719 July 15, 2015 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Spooky