Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alerts
Alerts
Is there any way I can make those alerts I've clicked on to be deleted automatically?
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
RE: Alerts
Not sure, but maybe if you check your settings in your user control panel, you can disable the alerts entirely.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Yeah you could just turn them off, don't think you can otherwise.
In the alerts dialogue popup there is a "Delete All Alerts" option which will clear your alerts list easily.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(July 7, 2015 at 4:32 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: In the alerts dialogue popup there is a "Delete All Alerts" option which will clear your alerts list easily.

He's not asking for that. He wants it done automatically.
Yes but at least that seems better than disabling alerts completely in the settings.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(July 7, 2015 at 5:00 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: Yes but at least that seems better than disabling alerts completely in the settings.

To you, perhaps. To OP they might just prefer having no alerts at all if they see it as a chore to constantly delete them. I'd presume this would be the case if they are asking for an automatic way of deleting them in the first place. But it's up to the OP really whether or not they want disable them.
(July 7, 2015 at 5:05 am)Napoléon Wrote:
(July 7, 2015 at 5:00 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: Yes but at least that seems better than disabling alerts completely in the settings.

To you, perhaps. To OP they might just prefer having no alerts at all if they see it as a chore to constantly delete them. I'd presume this would be the case if they are asking for an automatic way of deleting them in the first place. But it's up to the OP really whether or not they want disable them.
*bold mine

Exactly, so suggesting alternative options isn't a bad thing!!
- Lau Tzu

(July 7, 2015 at 5:23 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: Exactly, so suggesting alternative options isn't a bad thing!!

But you weren't suggesting an alternative? You were simply suggesting what the OP, and everyone else already does with the alerts function... Facepalm
Nappa, you are "mod" material!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alerts Rahn127 30 2823 October 19, 2018 at 6:54 am
Last Post: brewer
  Buddy List Alerts Foxaèr 15 3437 May 2, 2018 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Saving drafts and alerts vulcanlogician 0 824 January 7, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Can't see my alerts Astonished 46 6641 October 7, 2017 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Joods
  A question regarding alerts. Ravenshire 9 2525 August 20, 2017 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  User alerts gone? abaris 32 5017 December 5, 2016 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Problem with Alerts Athene 4 1497 June 21, 2016 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Question about alerts. Ravenshire 2 1294 February 5, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Suggestion: Bring back alerts for mobile version. Iroscato 2 1403 October 13, 2015 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  About alerts Losty 8 2210 September 9, 2015 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Napoléon