Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O'Reilly - Will Gay Marriage take Church tax exemption away?
Just saw a preview for O'Rielly and he asked if Church's will lose their tax exemption status because of gay marriage. He said he'd be "investigating" tonight.

I can only hope the answer is yes. Unfortunately I doubt it Sad
RE: O'Reilly - Will Gay Marriage take Church tax exemption away?
What a weird question. I'm trying to imagine what the two things have in common and failing.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Tax them! Tax the living shit out of them!!

And if they do not pay, tickle them mercilessly!!
It's just another sign of the persecution complex so many conservatives seem to have.

Fear mongering at its worst.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm actually ok with tax exemptions for churches - My criteria for taxing a collective enterprise is whether or not their primary activity is directed towards profit. It seems obvious that churches desperately want money, but what they want to do is to convert everyone and do their religious faith based activity. As long as they don't make profit their number one goal (and there's evidence for that) I don't favour taxing churches - Also, I'm talking about income tax only.

(From my experience the Catholic church lives largely on donations, specially local churches, I don't exactly see them making business like corporations do)
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Wait until he finds out he legally has to French kiss buttholes now. Muahahaha!
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Whatever policy is, as long as it's on all churches, sects, schisms, cults, covens, and tribes equally, I don't think anyone has a valid complaint.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 1, 2015 at 7:53 pm)Jenny A Wrote: What a weird question. I'm trying to imagine what the two things have in common and failing.

Gay marriage is gay, which means happy, and weed makes people happy, and weed is smoked and so are cigarettes and smokers pay taxes so why wouldn't the church?

The connection is obvious, really Tongue
(July 1, 2015 at 8:08 pm)Neimenovic Wrote:
(July 1, 2015 at 7:53 pm)Jenny A Wrote: What a weird question. I'm trying to imagine what the two things have in common and failing.

Gay marriage is gay, which means happy, and weed makes people happy, and weed is smoked and so are cigarettes and smokers pay taxes so why wouldn't the church?

The connection is obvious, really Tongue

Ahhhhh, now it makes sense!
The best idea that fuckhead ever had!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many voices will it take? Brian37 20 1202 July 15, 2021 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2247 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Take them to Detroit,,,,,, Or prison... Brian37 70 3311 October 15, 2020 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If the Fed can print an unlimited amount of money, why does anybody need to pay tax? ignoramus 12 942 April 24, 2020 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  President Bush The Smarter Has Passed Away Minimalist 101 5602 December 5, 2018 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Spicoli "Take that Mr Hand". Brian37 0 329 October 17, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Trump and Tax Fraud epronovost 10 1106 October 4, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  I take 45s comments Press personally OP/ED Brian37 44 7395 July 2, 2018 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  And The Fascists Take One More Step Forward Minimalist 8 1204 May 21, 2018 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Man uses "Gay Panic Defense" to get away with murder Divinity 18 3191 April 28, 2018 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: henryp