Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling it into question...
Calling it into question...
I love calling things into question. I also enjoy being in the lot of those who stand up and ask for just ONE little bit of factual and non-biblical based evidence to support the bullshit argument that an entity who has never shown himself (especially in the last 2000 or so years) is real. This isn't about having blind faith or free will. This isn't about personal experiences. This isn't about his "plan". This is about logic, common sense and the ability to understand the difference between reality and imagination.
It is hard to accept that an entity, supposedly responsible for the creation of ALL of life....
who was the first to cause mass genocide,
the one who commanded that slavery is okay,
who is a baby killer,
who tells you what you can't eat,
who said that you can't covet your neighbor's wife but who killed a man for refusing to impregnate his dead brother's wife,
who is narcissistic in that he uses spending eternity in hell as an ultimatum if you don't obey or worship him,
Who commands that a wife obey her husband (even if he rapes her),
Refuses to rid the world of its starvation and hunger issues,
will not regrow an amputated or missing body part without the aid or use of science and/or medicine.
And last but certainly not least, refuses to abolish cancer and other deadly diseases ....
Loves his people?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Calling it into question...
The fairy tale says that sure, the God character is a no-show and even the people who talked to him never saw him but if you don't have faith then the God character will never be real because you will never be able to please the imaginary entity. Hebrews 11:6.
Honestly, it is the greatest piece of FICTION ever written. The authors came up with some pretty heavy stuff. Stuff that someone on LSD couldn't even imagine. A burning bush that talked? Yeah.. TOTALLY convincing. Oh, and the fact that the snake in the garden of Eden was the ONLY animal that ever talked? Okay. Got it.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Careful. Never underestimate the abject stupidity and gullibility of someone that believes The Bible to be the literal or closely inspired word of God. They should all be identified, tagged (mark of the beast if it makes them feel better) and closely monitored. They are a danger to good society.
(July 2, 2015 at 3:22 am)Judi Lynn Wrote: Honestly, it is the greatest piece of FICTION ever written.

I do hope this is sarcasm Judi! LotR was way better! Much more believable too.
Even Twilight has more believable characters than the bible ._.
(July 2, 2015 at 3:22 am)Judi Lynn Wrote: Honestly, it is the greatest piece of FICTION ever written.

Bah, it's not even close to Homer in either department.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

The Lord is nature and can be seen everywhere in everything

You are right it is about logic and common sense. you people act like everything is here for your pleasure. Life is a battle, but people like you aren't even fighting. You take lack of proper upbringing and turn it into unconditional acceptance of everything as if some shit isn't wrong , then bitch and moan becouse you have no direction. You don't ever wonder why so many are so miserable? The ones that aren't miserable are ignorant.
The morons that lack the capacity to take the ancient texts as lessons and instead try to discredit them by implying that they are first account records of actual events in every case simply don't want to believe in anything else. It isn't some dude with a beard floatin around waiting to step on you when you fuck up. Get that portrayal out of your mind. You can consider the Lord the creation of all good things. Some things in nature are not good for us exactly but that doesn't mean that God is out to get you. Bad shit happens. It is part of nature. It turns worse when people who can't even clear the hurdle of belief , let alone faith start acting like bad shit is because of the Lord that, according to them, isn't there. There is no wonder why you can't see. It's because you refuse. Nature doesn't usually intervien with nature. Life is amazing. It is awesome and terrible.
The truth is that the Lord and the unspeakebke are not the same thing so all the negative shit that you foolishly associate with God can be associated with evil which isn't the Lord. We are all connected to each other, the Lord, and Lucifer if you must need a name for it. If it was possible to do without pride, you could say that we are God and Satan because they are a part of us. You could consider it our conscious. Really simple right. With that being said, the evidence is everywhere. You can swallow your misguided pride and slowly work towards belief and eventually Faith in which you will have your personal proof, or just wait till you die, at which time you will surely, finally have it. The Lord does love his creation , all of it. So if that is the case then how can you expect it to let us destroy it just because we are too blind to see what we are doing. If you want evidence simply look up on a clear nite. If you want to see that I am actually really close to the truth then read the Sumer texts, Book of Enoch, the Old Testament, or Qur'an.
Or you can just think that you know better than civilizations that were here way before us, and who were much more in tune with reality, instinct, gut feeling, intuition, and common sense. Oh yeah, all that shit you said was in the Bible, man wrote that shit. And we all have good and evil in us. So even though the ancients had good intent, they were misguided at times if evil is a power that encompasses all negative things including thoughts and actions then it is easy to see how he would misconstrue all he could grasp in order to do what is being done right now, by you. The Lord will not abolish shit. It is up to us who are failing miserably because of our divided, selfish ways.

It's good to question. That way you can see when you are being manipulated.
So pops, you agree that man wrote the sacred texts ...How the fuck do you believe in god.
Does "your" god own our morals also .... Does he do any nasty shit?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I still can't make sense of half of your post pops, but thanks for telling us what we do and believe, we'd be totally lost without you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1322 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  No more “lead us not into temptation” Fake Messiah 22 2448 June 15, 2019 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  A look into the mindset of an Evangelical Trumptard drfuzzy 10 1575 October 12, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2267 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  What's gotten into Italians? brewer 21 3026 March 5, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  You Put Absolutely NO Thought Into This Astonished 45 9897 August 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Putting things into perspective dyresand 6 1524 December 12, 2015 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Sure some of you run into this too. Brian37 6 1926 April 26, 2015 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  The books that never made it into the Bible. Celestine 18 5482 September 20, 2014 at 5:15 am
Last Post: Celestine
  Calling all Christians: These bears need Jesus Mudhammam 11 3432 June 21, 2014 at 6:27 am
Last Post: hobie