Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 11:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peas in your guacamole
Peas in your guacamole
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/01/us/new-yor...index.html

(CNN)Woe to be an avocado.
First, California's epic drought has been drying up avocado supplies across the country. Avocado prices have been increasing, and fast food chain Chipotle Mexican Grill said it would consider getting rid of avocados temporarily if costs continued to rise.
Now the New York Times is basically axing the buttery treat out of guacamole, proposing an alternative ingredient instead: peas.

Have you ever put peas in your guac? Would that be blasphemy to you? Do you really care?

My Yelp motto is: "It may be authentic, but is it any good?" This is America. We make things our own by making them different.

http://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=...5ukKxzDiNw
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Peas in your guacamole
Ermwhat? It would be mole, and green, but I don't see the taste combination working out at all.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Yuuck, why? That's no good at all
Clearly the apocalypse is upon us.
Maybe that's why the Mayan calender has ended... The age of the huacamolli is over!!!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

By all means, put peas in the guacamole.  You can also add coconut, scallions, broken glass, rusty nails, cholera, and finely minced radium, because I'm not eating that crud no matter WHAT you put it in.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Don't care, would never eat either together or separate.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I think the peas in the guac is a punishment from God for liberal, back sliding, scripture cherry picking Christian wannabees.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Peas in anything is gross, but peas in guacamole is an abomination.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
As much as mayo would be ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it.