Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Ex Muslim Voices" campaign...
"Ex Muslim Voices" campaign...
This is a really good initiative so I thought I'd spread the word. I am sure there are people on this forum who are afraid to speak out. It's important to understand apostates are not alone and there are plenty of people in the same position. We need people to 'come out' and stand up to the vile apologists that propagate fear and hatred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgK-vq7Kcv4

You can find some 'coming out stories' on the YouTube channel to find out home some people coped with telling those around them they did not think the Quran was from Allah:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh-ZVAx...xG75830AZg

RE: "Ex Muslim Voices" campaign...
Brilliant. This is exactly the kind of thing we need!

Those closet atheists in highly oppressive countries are those who need us the most, and even those in other countries can risk retribution from their community. Each atheist who comes out makes it that little bit easier for the next one.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Yeah, and, annoyingly, one of Hamza Tzortis/Abdur Raheem Green's lackeys shows up in the Question an Answer section of the talks. He's like iREA will try and brainwash you if you want us to. The response to him was brilliant though. iREA and CEMB are like two Cold War foes. Anyone who wants to find out more about the Fascists at iREA can do so by reading here:
http://ex-muslim.org.uk/2014/05/new-repo...demy-iera/

Edit: To further my analogy, I would describe, because there is this cult of personality surrounding Zakir Naik especially, but also Hamza Tzortis/Abdur Raheem Geen, I would describe iREA as the DPRK in of the situation and CEMB as the more reasonable ROK.

This movement is so important given the issues people from Muslim backgrounds face in leaving. I think it's also important western liberals get on board with this instead of defending Islamic conservatives. The pro-Islamist left trample all over these peoples' rights when they defend Islamism. In the name of not being racist too, how ironic.

Maryam Namazie is a great ex-Muslim speaker I think. This speech she gave just says it all;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAOekkiHl2Q
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

The worst thing about the liberal left is that despite some of them not knowing any muslims at all, they still believe what they say is more important than what people's actual experiences with the religion. I know that as a general rule personal experience is not evidence, but personal experience works when experimenting something gives you a better insight. More than neo-cons or liberals, the people who we should let talk about Islam are ex-Muslims. Same is true for other religions.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

There is definitely a place for Dawkins and Hitchens to talk about Islam I think, the West does need to show solidarity with people who are struggling under austere Islamism. You are right though, we need more people who have actually had the experience to come forward and speak on it. It's raw and authentic then.

Hopefully this should happen naturally as time goes on, especially now there is a growing ex-Muslim movement.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

What I think is that both liberals and neo-conservatives make mistakes - Liberals assume everything that has the label "religion" on it is sacred and can't be disrespected, and that everyone who is an immigrant and non-white must be protected at all cost, so everything that happens because of Islam or any other religion is not because of X religion but because some evil psychopath did it. Neo-cons think muslims are a dangerous for national security, even innocent hardworking ones, and they want to keep them in conditions we could not keep serial killers. I think there's a middle ground between hating all Muslims and saying religion is blame-free. People who've suffered in the name of Islam have more authority to speak about it because they experienced it first-hand - Of course, you can study it and know everything about the religion, but to experience the effects is way more important because you get a better perception.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5068 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2256 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1236 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1317 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4699 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3871 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 775 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1921 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If a muslim grows old, do they have to dye their hair? Ruckus123 5 920 April 16, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: yragnitup
  So if Muhammad had long hair why so many muslim male having short hair? Ruckus123 3 1186 April 12, 2018 at 7:07 am
Last Post: chimp3