Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we get to work now?
Can we get to work now?
Now that we have marriage equality, can we please fix the really fucked up issues in the LGBTQAIU community?! Like the "No fats, no femmes, no Asians, and no Blacks" thing people have going on? Or how about those homeless queer youth? Or the whole treating non-binary people like shit? How about the murder rate for transwomen? Or even how about how the face of the movement is by and large white cis men with money?
RE: Can we get to work now?
Baby steps.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 12, 2015 at 11:07 pm)Kitan Wrote: Baby steps.

Hey, the rest of have been saying for years we have more pressing issues than marriage. (Not that marriage equality wasn't a massive deal)
What is "LGBTQAIU"?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Transgender
Queer
Asexual/Allies
Intersex
Unsure
Or as we sometimes call it Quiltbag
Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, Questioning....not sure about AIU.....oh, there's her answer xD
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I am sorry, but I am still not understanding your opening post. Do you have a link to an article about what you mean, or are you willing to explain everything carefully to someone who has no clue what you are discussing? I was hoping that an explanation of the acronym would suffice, but I see that I still do not understand what you mean. From your recent posts, I really want to understand you, so please help me.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(July 12, 2015 at 11:42 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: I am sorry, but I am still not understanding your opening post. Do you have a link to an article about what you mean, or are you willing to explain everything carefully to someone who has no clue what you are discussing? I was hoping that an explanation of the acronym would suffice, but I see that I still do not understand what you mean. From your recent posts, I really want to understand you, so please help me.

Basically what I'm saying is that the gay community shouldn't stop at marriage equality. We need fix the community as a whole. We've got some serious problems that need address and that honestly should have been addressed before same sex marriage.
Well, the entire community, gay, straight, or otherwise, ought not stop until equality prevails between all groups, races, genders, etc.

We each have an obligation to police equality within our local sphere. Don't remain silent when someone uses a slur even though your speaking up might cause discomfort. Don't watch someone else get shitbagged thinking "Phew, it ain't me!" We all have that obligation, because that is where the battle is being fought.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Queen Can Get Stuffed onlinebiker 41 3318 September 11, 2022 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why Red Flag Laws Won't Work. onlinebiker 203 9577 August 26, 2019 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Wonder where this is now? Sitting in a trash can somewhere? A Godzilla fan 5 652 July 16, 2019 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Drich
  Nearly half of Republicans feel bullied at work Foxaèr 8 2091 October 27, 2018 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1223 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Right to Work laws in America Joods 25 2441 April 18, 2018 at 4:33 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  FBI Director: Russia will work harder for next election Foxaèr 22 3667 October 6, 2017 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Joods
  Good Work, Assholes. Minimalist 7 2670 July 9, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 71183 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is it Republicans can dish it out, but can't take it when someone throws it back NuclearEnergy 10 4460 April 27, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: DarkerEnergy