Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reality doesn't exist until we observe it.
Reality doesn't exist until we observe it.
Just like what the title of the thread says. This is pretty much true when dealing with quantum physics nothing exists yet exists 
because we experience it. It's quite the mind fuck we exist yet we don't exist this is really puts into question what is consciousness anyways
does that too exist and not exist.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Reality doesn't exist until we observe it.
Look up Feynman's 'sum over histories' and you'll find that not only does reality exist without our observation, ALL versions of reality exist without our observation.  We just pick the one we observe so that's the one we see.

Where is Alex K when you need a better explanation.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
Seems confusing, like Buddhism: it is and it is not.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Don't know about you guys, but I'm a simulation of a brain in a virtual vat. On another planet.
You are all NPC's in my customised VR. Do you think that is real Oxygen you are breathing! Dodgy
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 12, 2015 at 11:39 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Don't know about you guys, but I'm a simulation of a brain in a virtual vat. On another planet.
You are all NPC's in my customised VR. Do you think that is real Oxygen you are breathing! Dodgy

Feels like it.
Was I in here this afternoon and did I take a colored pill?
(July 12, 2015 at 11:31 pm)JuliaL Wrote: ...

Where is Alex K when you need a better explanation.

He is changing diapers and drinking substandard Scotch.  Poor bastard!  I miss him, too.  If he were not so far away, I would suggest he come over for a drink, when his wife can spare him in taking care of their newborn.  Or she could come over for a drink, whatever.  I would be curious to hear from her as well.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(July 12, 2015 at 11:42 pm)JuliaL Wrote:
(July 12, 2015 at 11:39 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Don't know about you guys, but I'm a simulation of a brain in a virtual vat. On another planet.

Feels like it.
Was I in here this afternoon and did  I take a colored pill?

Urgent IT support ticket! VR Admins, need help.
The NPC's are asking me tricky questions!

Can you guys please put this sim on "easy" setting?   Ta.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 13, 2015 at 12:10 am)Pyrrho Wrote: He is changing diapers and drinking substandard Scotch.  

That is just foul.
I hope it doesn't take more than say.... 20 years.
Something I've learned from parenting:  You're never off the hook, even when they're grown.

(July 13, 2015 at 12:15 am)ignoramus Wrote: The NPC's are asking me tricky questions!

You know that's where true AI is going to arise; from really good NPCs.
And the next step is when they build themselves weaponry....out here in the real(sic) world.
Isn't this a bit solipsistic? The universe exist out of our experiences. That's like saying color doesn't exist because I can't see.

Well, at least you exist, unlike me.  I am just a figment of your fevered imagination.  You really should see your doctor about this problem you are having with hallucinations.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Lunar Eclipse (until 2025) going on right now! Jehanne 15 1590 November 12, 2022 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Doesn't Quantam Mechanics Prove God? quantumleap 24 1876 June 27, 2019 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Do electrons exist? Macoleco 40 3726 April 8, 2019 at 7:22 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  If water is tasteless and air is tasteless then why doesn't air taste like water? ErGingerbreadMandude 24 4574 January 27, 2017 at 11:57 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Do Gravitons Exist? Rhondazvous 18 2770 November 21, 2016 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Why Doesn't Earth Orbit alpha Centauri? Rhondazvous 74 9353 September 15, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  The Creatards have until 2023 5 1308 August 22, 2016 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Egg shaped planets do exist... ReptilianPeon 11 2279 July 16, 2015 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why god doesn't exist dyresand 2 1063 May 15, 2015 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Does proof of time not exist in science? fr0d0 21 4896 June 23, 2014 at 3:40 am
Last Post: fr0d0