Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:52 am

Poll: What say you?
This poll is closed.
Yes!
22.86%
8 22.86%
No!
62.86%
22 62.86%
Maybe?
14.29%
5 14.29%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you be angry at "god" and simultaneously disbelieve its existence?
Can you be angry at "god" and simultaneously disbelieve its existence?
What is your opinion?
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: Can you be angry at "god" and simultaneously disbelieve its existence?
Sure, do it all the time, GODDAMIT !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It's a maybe.
A problem of equivocation between
1) the non-existent all powerful God, creator of the universe and
2) the evident cultural mindworm that welds communities into aggressive, acquisitive units of violent self-satisfied jerks (except for Jains).
No for 1) yes for 2).
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
Of course, just like any other fictional characters. Literature is filled with people that generate legit emotional responses. I fail to see why god should be the exception.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
I believe the OP may have been pointing to theists who prayed for a pony and got a fluffy kitten instead.
I can understand their anger. God just doesn't listen!

In his defence though, he doesn't discriminate ...he treats everybody equally...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Well I wouldn't say I'm angry at God. I don't like him as a character, but I don't have a grudge against him. Most of the time when I get angry, it's directed toward the foul actions committed by some of the people who believe in him (Westboro Church, I'm looking at you). 

But yes, I feel as though I can dislike him as written in the Bible and dislike what his character drives some individuals to do, while still saying he doesn't exist.
I feel confident in saying that there's only one fictional character who is more universally hated than God.
His name is "Jar Jar Binks". Sorry God ...you are number 2!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 14, 2015 at 12:59 am)ignoramus Wrote: I believe the OP may have been pointing to theists who prayed for a pony and got a fluffy kitten instead.
I can understand their anger. God just doesn't listen!

In his defence though, he doesn't discriminate ...he treats everybody equally...

It has occasionally been alluded to that I may be angry at god, and thus not really a true Atheist.  I personally feel I can be angry at "god", and everything that has been done in the service of such a ridiculous idea, and at the same time not believe any god actually exists.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I said no, but plenty are mad with cause at the people who duped them about god.
No.

They're all mad at reality and just projecting Angry

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do they know when God is angry? Fake Messiah 94 6711 December 24, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11120 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Do you think Scientology sells anyone on its belief? Sweden83 19 1758 December 25, 2020 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4086 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 10773 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence blue grey brain 15 1865 January 2, 2019 at 11:08 pm
  Petition to rename "communion wafers" to Jeez-its! Foxaèr 26 3213 October 9, 2018 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  How you know religion has done its job in brainwashing you: Foxaèr 19 2751 August 9, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Why are you chasing the idea of the existence of a God? WinterHold 26 3272 August 7, 2018 at 2:05 pm
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 6874 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU