Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Norse Gods are the Real Deal
Forget your Christianity, your Islam, your Hinduism, and all those other false doctrines.

Ignore their false "holy" books, full of contradictions, fallacies, and lies.

Only the Norse Gods are real.

Am I going to make any pseudo scientific claims to prove this?

No.

I will ask just one question:  When was the last time you saw a Frost Giant or a troll?
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: The Norse Gods are the Real Deal
Yesterday.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

I have heard thunder Thor is the god of thunder.....just sayin....

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

http://youtu.be/i_xFOmYxKYw
(July 15, 2015 at 3:42 pm)Dystopia Wrote: Yesterday.

Computer games and other faux-realities don't count.

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
Well.....

[Image: Odin+b+ches+c+by+someone+else_2f7d36_4868484.jpg]

but Odin works for the FSM and fuck jesus.
How can we not love Odin? Didn't he hang on the great tree, Yggdrasil so that he could bring us the wisdom of the runes? You would have to hate him to deny such a gift.
Probably not, no, later christianization - hanging on a tree, pierced by the spear of destiny, a sacrifice unto himself - that's far too cute.  In a potentially less corrupted (and more nuanced) version of the narrative he gave his eye for the gift of sight (by runes and other means).  He's a deeply flawed character, btw, really dicks people over (even people he loves, even himself) in an unrelenting quest for the greatest sum of all knowledge.  I'd say it's a mix between an aspirational and cautionary tale.  More than any of this his greatest attribute in the narratives seems to be the application of an accord between agrarian gods and wargods (the latter camp he's a member of).  Through clever marriages, adventures, and assimilation he brought together two warring powers to defeat a third, a greater evil - as it were.

Despite all of that, he doesn't seem to be beyond the business of dispensing practical advice, enjoy.....
http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/havamal.html

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Coincidence?

http://www.octavia.net/vikings/odin.htm

Quote:There is another bird associated with Odin, the eagle. The god often transformed himself into this canny raptor, both to view the workings of the world and to intervene when an avian form was better suited to his ends.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/17/pair-of-bal...city-nest/

Quote:Pair of bald eagles make historic New York City nest

Obviously, Odin is protecting New York City from frost trolls.
I love Thor. He kicks ass in the Avengers. I don't see Jesus fighting alongside Captain America.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about polytheistic gods Won2blv 2 713 November 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Hinduism - Millions of Gods Forsaken 56 24152 September 19, 2016 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Child Sacrificed; Liver offered to Gods (India) Handprint 10 4907 June 25, 2012 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  “Inuma ilu awilu,” When gods [were] men. dtango 13 8644 June 12, 2012 at 4:09 am
Last Post: Epimethean