Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:31 am

Poll: Do You Agree?
This poll is closed.
Yes
5.56%
1 5.56%
No
94.44%
17 94.44%
Not sure
0%
0 0%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True
Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True
I do not believe the universe or universes could always have existed, because we are part of nature and therefore, if there was an infinite regress of cause and effects of nature, we would have had an eternity to come into being before now so we should have already happened. Self-contradictorily, we would never have existed because a past eternity would go on for eternity never reaching this point. A past eternity of cause and effects is a faulty construct.

I also don't believe the universe can start up from nothing, for that which does not exist can't cause anything as it doesn't exist. Nothing always leaves nothing from nothing.

I therefore believe that since nature can't start up from nothing nor always have existed, there is only one possibility that remains which is nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated.

I deem this uncreated Creator to be personal, intelligent and accessible because He can't be less than humans His creation who are likewise personal and accessible.
RE: Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True
Sigh.

OP, do you regularly walk into people's houses and start preaching without introducing yourself? That's analogous to what you've done here.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
RE: Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True
(July 15, 2015 at 10:34 pm)HiYou Wrote: I do not believe the universe or universes could always have existed, because we are part of nature and therefore, if there was an infinite regress of cause and effects of nature, we would have had an eternity to come into being before now so we should have already happened. Self-contradictorily, we would never have existed because a past eternity would go on for eternity never reaching this point. A past eternity of cause and effects is a faulty construct.

I also don't believe the universe can start up from nothing, for that which does not exist can't cause anything as it doesn't exist. Nothing always leaves nothing from nothing.

I therefore believe that since nature can't start up from nothing nor always have existed, there is only one possibility that remains which is nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated.

I deem this uncreated Creator to be personal, intelligent and accessible because He can't be less than humans His creation who are likewise personal and accessible.

Yes, all hail Enlil and his son Enki, the creator of men.
Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Bravo, you have convinced me. Tomorrow I'm flying on a plane to fight for ISIS. Go Islamic State!

[I made a reservation for a sex slave, I'm so excited, I always wanted to have a slave but the government wouldn't allow me... But now... Yes I can!]
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Oh, great, another one of these:

I do not have an answer, so it must be the one that has no evidence to support it.

Fuck you for continuing the ignorance of the human race.

Just because there is no evidence of what created us does not mean the answer is that what created us has no evidence to support its ridiculous claims.

Grow the fuck up and learn how to fucking think.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
SO more nonsense claims that have no bearing on reality.

Your undeniable "truths" are claims that you cannot demonstrate or provide evidence for.

Therefore they're not "truths" and are certainly undeniable.

Moving on.
Dying to live, living to die.
Of course, it is not good enough just to know God exists, for even the most evil person who ever lived knows this. Salvation entails submitting oneself to God. One way of not submitting yourself to God is by making God out to be what He is not. For example, by claiming He did not die and did not resurrect would be wrong.

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send [it] unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hades (grave) and of death. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev. 1.7,8,11,17,18; 21.5-7; 22.12,13).
*Yawn*

Aren't there rules about proselytising?

"You shall not pass"

See I can quote a book of fantasy, too.

Now, run along to WND or Rapture Ready where this kind of nonsense is appreciated.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm bored
Jesus who created you was on earth with authority, but died, yet resurrected which is, and will return with power.

[Jhn 1:1-5 KJV] 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

You are the darkness. This place is the darkness.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 4670 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Agnosticism LinuxGal 5 828 January 2, 2023 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Atheism, theism, agnosticism, gnosticism, ignosticism Simon Moon 25 1965 October 29, 2022 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Moral universalism and theism Interaktive 20 1754 May 6, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Comparing Theism with Flat-Earthism FlatAssembler 26 1829 December 21, 2020 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Agnosticism IS the most dishonest position R00tKiT 575 36975 March 18, 2020 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5237 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Protection Against the Wiles of Theism Rhondazvous 9 1431 April 7, 2019 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  If the Bible is false, why are its prophecies coming true? pgardner2358 3 1617 June 9, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4544 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3