Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Dinosaur Species...
New Dinosaur Species...
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/meet-new...from-hell/

Quote:Meet ‘new’ raptor dinosaur Zhenyuanlong suni — a ‘fluffy feathered poodle from hell’
RE: New Dinosaur Species...
Can we keep it?! Pweaaaase Uncle Min
Reading that on BBC News this morning.

It can't be real though, right Creationists?
Dying to live, living to die.
(July 16, 2015 at 5:39 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Can we keep it?! Pweaaaase Uncle Min

Yeah but watch your fingers.
You know what's amazing to me about fossils like this?

As I contemplate it and what it means to humanity I wonder, "Did Fred Flintstone once ride this beast?"
When it comes to science news (no disrespect), Pluto can suck it.  'Fluffy feathered poodle from hell' is THE headline.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 16, 2015 at 5:51 pm)Beccs Wrote: You know what's amazing to me about fossils like this?

As I contemplate it and what it means to humanity I wonder, "Did Fred Flintstone once ride this beast?"
Is it big enough for Fred to ride? Maybe not. Bet it didn't tip over his ride at the drive up diner though.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 16, 2015 at 6:30 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(July 16, 2015 at 5:51 pm)Beccs Wrote: You know what's amazing to me about fossils like this?

Is it big enough for Fred to ride? Maybe not. Bet it didn't tip over his ride at the drive up diner though.

Perhaps it was Barney's ride...
Stories like this make me respect the historicity of movies and tv shows concerning dinosaurs less and less. I guess a show based on actual paleontology would be too boring(really doubt that).
(July 16, 2015 at 6:52 pm)luka Wrote: Stories like this make me respect the historicity of movies and tv shows concerning dinosaurs less and less. I guess a show based on actual paleontology would be too boring(really doubt that).

Yup - the big blockbuster film of the summer should rightly have been called 'Cretaceous World.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Even if we don't kill ourselves off as a species. Brian37 33 2176 October 12, 2021 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Scientific/objective purpose of human species, may be to replicate universes blue grey brain 6 1023 November 25, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: unfogged
  Largest diversity of dinosaur tracks to be found The Valkyrie 4 726 March 28, 2017 at 7:24 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Have we failed as a species? ignoramus 50 10083 March 9, 2017 at 7:54 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  New study on mass extinction of species abaris 19 5280 June 21, 2015 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Oldest dinosaur nest site found frankiej 10 5002 January 30, 2012 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Has 'one species' idea been put to bed? Minimalist 12 5161 January 4, 2012 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Which version of the origin of species? mamamia88 20 5525 December 23, 2010 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: mamamia88