Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:11 pm

Poll: The best AC ?
This poll is closed.
DAIKIN
0%
0 0%
PANASONIC
0%
0 0%
OGENERAL
0%
0 0%
WHIRLPOOL
0%
0 0%
L.G.
50.00%
1 50.00%
SAMSUNG
0%
0 0%
ELECTROLUX
0%
0 0%
CARRIER
50.00%
1 50.00%
BLUE STAR
0%
0 0%
HITACHI
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best air conditioner
The best air conditioner
In terms of power use and efficiency, choose the best air conditioner in your opinion or based on personal experience.

most of the top 10 AC articles I found look like advertisements and some look copied from one another.
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
RE: The best air conditioner
I made this thread, cuz i'm buying an AC very soon, because of the freaking heat and humidity.

Just a side note: It's getting warmer because god is angry, and global warming is a hoax.
Central air, ftw.

I don't know what's available where you're at, but if you choose a couple you are interested in, you could go to Amazon and read the reviews for it.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I would advise you to look at Consumer Reports, if you are in the U.S.  If you are somewhere else, you will need to find something not paid wherever you are.  And if you can't find such a thing, go ahead and go with Consumer Reports.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
I think I know why this thread didn't get any attention at all.

Most of the visitors of this site are americans and most american use central air conditioner and don't know what the hell i'm talking, at least to the extent where they can give an opinion.
Central heat pump FTW.

I've owned two Carrier A/C window units that were good. No idea beyond that.

I will say this - it's generally worth it to pay more for a more efficient unit. Energy costs will dwarf the up-front costs quickly.
Want some advice from someone who was in the heating and cooling industry for many years, geothermal is the most efficient way to heat and cool a home. Central heating and cooling is more efficient also and can provide greater comfort and efficiency when the duct work is used to zone the home. With zoning a home can be efficiently heated and cooled with one unit even in two story buildings. Geothermal in North America is used from the cold climates of Canada to the more desert like environment of Texas and the other southwest states. Zoning a home with wall mounted units like the ones you named works well, until you have to replace them and the new models that come out are of a different physical size, then some work on the wall becomes necessary, pain in the butt. The best thing one can do outside of the systems themselves are good doors windows and plenty of insulation, air infiltration into a home is the number one enemy of the pocketbook.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Fryer recipies onlinebiker 11 645 October 8, 2021 at 6:08 am
Last Post: Hillbillyatheist
  Of air conditioners and my stupidity! Brian37 29 1985 April 25, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Know what's fucking amazing? Grant Air. Violet 9 2576 June 17, 2011 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Violet