Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Grams
My Grams
I feel bad for everyone else on this planet for not having my grandma as their grandma, but some people just draw the short straw. Dems da breaks. She's had a few heart surgeries, and has decided to bravely stare death in the face this time around. She won't be having anymore surgeries. The doc said there's nothin more they can do for her, if she declines. She's decided instead to throw a huge party and get the whole family together. She'll basically be alive for her own funeral. Did I mention she's a bad ass?

This woman is a tigress. If I were you, I wouldn't mess with me or any other member of her family. She'll shoot you dead. My mom tells a story of a bully at school; when my mother told my grandma about this bully, her response was "Throw a brick at his face." Hahaha No nonsense.

Here's my little stick of dynamite.
[Image: 11696373_10204789023114124_8703702079889...JpIjoidCJ9]

I couldn't possibly encapsulate all that she means to me in one post. I could go on and on about how she was always my best audience, always laughing histarically at my lame jokes, or how quick she was to shoot right back. I could go into great detail about how she has fostered a generation of creative talent in my family, but I couldn't possibly do her justice. (She once drew a tree trunk that taught me all I needed to know about understanding form, I was 6)

I'm gonna miss this broad when she goes. She is definitely one of the good Christians.

An asides:
She has wasted no time in appropriating her stuff haha She's never been one for material things. We found this in her basement. It's a book issued to her father before he fought in WWII. She plans on giving me all his stuff, which includes a bloody swastika he ripped off one of his fallen enemies.

[Image: 11707891_10204789023154125_8656198950266...JpIjoidCJ9]

Took this just because I could t believe my daughter is almost as tall as her lol
[Image: 11698816_10204789097875993_8401013318165...JpIjoidCJ9]
RE: My Grams
I'm so sorry about your Grams, but I'm so happy for you that you've had her. She sounds like a blast! Can I come to her "funeral"?

Just kidding. Hang in there, and be sure to help her go out with a real bang Heart
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Thanks, Rexbeccs. I plan on getting her liquored up haha Why not?

We're in an odd position where we get to say goodbye, and all those health worries go out the window. She started drinking coffee again. I might even buy her a pack of smokes lol I'm so happy she gets to go out on her own terms. She deserves it.

I'm really having a hard time being sad with this.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
That's the way I want to go out. She sounds like an awesome lady, Exian.

I hope she lasts a while longer, and I hope she's comfortable. Most of all, I hope she has a blast at her last hoorah. She sounds like she deserves to be celebrated.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(July 19, 2015 at 12:08 am)Exian Wrote: I feel bad for everyone else on this planet for not having my grandma as their grandma, but some people just draw the short straw. Dems da breaks. She's had a few heart surgeries, and has decided to bravely stare death in the face this time around. She won't be having anymore surgeries. The doc said there's nothin more they can do for her, if she declines. She's decided instead to throw a huge party and get the whole family together. She'll basically be alive for her own funeral. Did I mention she's a bad ass?

This woman is a tigress. If I were you, I wouldn't mess with me or any other member of her family. She'll shoot you dead. My mom tells a story of a bully at school; when my mother told my grandma about this bully, her response was "Throw a brick at his face." Hahaha No nonsense.

Here's my little stick of dynamite.
[Image: 11696373_10204789023114124_8703702079889...JpIjoidCJ9]

I couldn't possibly encapsulate all that she means to me in one post. I could go on and on about how she was always my best audience, always laughing histarically at my lame jokes, or how quick she was to shoot right back. I could go into great detail about how she has fostered a generation of creative talent in my family, but I couldn't possibly do her justice. (She once drew a tree trunk that taught me all I needed to know about understanding form, I was 6)

I'm gonna miss this broad when she goes. She is definitely one of the good Christians.

An asides:
She has wasted no time in appropriating her stuff haha She's never been one for material things.  We found this in her basement. It's a book issued to her father before he fought in WWII. She plans on giving me all his stuff, which includes a bloody swastika he ripped off one of his fallen enemies.

[Image: 11707891_10204789023154125_8656198950266...JpIjoidCJ9]

Took this just because I could t believe my daughter is almost as tall as her lol
[Image: 11698816_10204789097875993_8401013318165...JpIjoidCJ9]
"Throw a brick at him." That's priceless! I love tough little ladies
Me too! I'm trying to retrace all the stories she's told me, so I can end up in her position. I've imagined this 100 hundred times, and never thought we'd be this lucky. I always imagined it sudden.

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Well, you'll be looking at a reminder of her your whole life. Your daughter looks exactly like her.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Man, that's funny you say that, Steel. My daughter has always had long hair and no glasses, and since she cut it short (and dyed it blue) and got glasses, it never dawned on me that she looks like Grandma, untill I took this photo early today. Everyone in my family made the same comment.

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Is that your grams with your daughter? Congrats on scoring a good granny and having her in your daughter's life. My wife remembers fondly coming down to tea with her great grandmother before she started school. At that time both her immediate family and her great grandmother were living with her grandmother who was a widow. One of them taught her to tat and she has gone on to become an internationally renown textile artist.
What a wonderful woman she must be. May her days be filled with joy, that y'all make beautiful memories.