Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 2:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyanide Pills
Cyanide Pills
So in states where the death penalty is death penalty is legal some are running out of the usual lethal injection stuff. But why simply give people cyanide pills or over dose them on the gas used for anesthesia? Not that I approve of the death penalty. However if you're gonna kill criminals wouldn't one of these be pretty simple instead of just trying to replace the chemical in whatever's in the lethal injection fluid.
RE: Cyanide Pills
Don't know how seriously the proposal was intended, but some in Nebraska are floating the idea of using confiscated heroin to OD the condemned.

I could imagine a percentage dropping their appeals to get that.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Time Magazine Wrote:Cyanide suffocates. It stops oxygen consumption by body tissues. It is hot and bitter when swallowed, produces nausea and a splitting headache. The throat tightens, and the victim gasps for breath, reels, stares wildly without seeing, is seized by convulsions, and falls unconscious. Then, like an expiring balloon, his laboring lungs and heart slowly collapse....

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/ar...z2rF7OKDua

Not humane in the least.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Quote:Until 2009, most states used a 3-drug combination for lethal injections: an anesthetic (usually sodium thiopental, until pentobarbital was introduced at the end of 2010), pancuronium bromide (a paralytic agent, also called Pavulon), and potassium chloride (stops the heart and causes death).

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/state-lethal-injection

Wikipedia Wrote:Sodium thiopental, also known as Sodium Pentothal (a trademark of Abbott Laboratories, not to be confused with pentobarbital), thiopental, thiopentone, or Trapanal (also a trademark), is a rapid-onset short-acting barbiturate general anesthetic that is an analogue of thiobarbital. Sodium thiopental is a core medicine in the World Health Organization's "Essential Drugs List", which is a list of minimum medical needs for a basic healthcare system. It was previously the first of three drugs administered during most lethal injections in the United States, but the U.S. manufacturer Hospira stopped manufacturing the drug and the EU banned the export of the drug for this purpose.

Wikipedia Wrote:Pentobarbital has been used or considered as a substitute for other drugs traditionally used in the United States for execution when they are in short supply. Such use however is illegal under Danish law, and when this was discovered, after public outcry in Danish media, Lundbeck, the owner of the drug, stopped selling it to US States that practice death penalty. US distributors of the drug are forbidden by the owner to sell it to any customers, such as several state authorities, that practice or participate in executions of humans.

Quote:Two states have used midazolam as the first drug in a three-drug protocol: Florida and Oklahoma. Oklahoma's use of midazolam was botched, and the inmate, Clayton Lockett, died after the procedure was halted. Two states have used midazolam in a two-drug protocol: Ohio and Arizona. Both of their executions in 2014 were prolonged, accompanied by the inmate's gasping.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Does anybody find any irony in making sure the convicts are perfectly healthy prior to taking their life?
Did their victims die a painless death? If he killed your sister, you'd want be the one plunging the knife in!

Let's face it. We're apes. We're vengeful!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
True but unfortunately we're not allowed to do that anymore
Personally, I am opposed to the death penalty.  If i were on death row though, I would choose the firing squad if it were up to me.  Seems quick enough.
(July 20, 2015 at 12:57 am)Thena323 Wrote: Personally, I am opposed to the death penalty.  If i were on death row though, I would choose the firing squad if it were up to me.  Seems quick enough.

Provided they dont miss a bullet to the head is more effective then lethal injection. However the guillotine is the most effective.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(July 20, 2015 at 1:01 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(July 20, 2015 at 12:57 am)Thena323 Wrote: Personally, I am opposed to the death penalty.  If i were on death row though, I would choose the firing squad if it were up to me.  Seems quick enough.

Provided they dont miss a bullet to the head is more effective then lethal injection. However the guillotine is the most effective.

And fancy!
(July 20, 2015 at 1:01 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:

Agree! With eddie pulling the chain to the background chants of "for whom the bells toll"
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.