Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISIS Interview
ISIS Interview
An interview with a returning ISIS Terrorist.

http://www.dw.com/en/close-up-the-curren...72939-9798

Quote:Is this what we imagine a terrorist looks like? Ebrahim B. from Wolfsburg is in prison in Lower Saxony and wants to talk. He has a round, open face. His hair is freshly gelled, his shirt ironed. He speaks slowly but clearly. "If you go there, you're either dead or dead." Last summer he set off from the orderly town of Wolfsburg, home of VW, for Syria. Why? Suddenly he was living among terrorist fighters and suicide bombers. Ebrahim B. is the first of some 260 German IS-returnees to speak openly before the camera - about the brutality and godlessness of IS, the fear of death and his flight from the madness.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
RE: ISIS Interview
Is Australia the only country which will throw you in jail if you go over  fight?
Curious?
Alex? Any issues with those returning to Germany?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Very interesting.

But I find the choice of words-godless-ironic, completely inaccurate and ever so slightly offensive -_-
(July 28, 2015 at 1:09 am)ignoramus Wrote: Is Australia the only country which will throw you in jail if you go over  fight?
Curious?

As far as I'm concerned anyone who goes over there to fight shouldn't be allowed back in period.
He is in jail which means one less fighter on the field so I say let them return but lock them up.

Information from people like this man can be used as propaganda purposes against ISIS. People who are fighting these groups might also be able to use something these men say to plan how best to attack ISIS

I also wonder how many of ISIS soldiers would abandon the group if they knew they could get away?
Of course the prisoner is not going to blame the religion. He still believes. He also did not noticed the religion used to coerce him into that situation.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
(July 28, 2015 at 1:09 am)ignoramus Wrote: Is Australia the only country which will throw you in jail if you go over  fight?
Curious?

The interview is conducted in prison. I suspect he is talking in hopes that his sentence will be reduced. The fact that he is talking is good for us because it provides an insight into ISIS. Don't get me wrong. I don't have sympathy for him. At the very end of the interview he says that he feared ISIS thought he was a spy. He fled due to fear that they would behead him like they did other suspected spies. He didn't become disillusioned until he was personally threatened but he still provides an important glimpse into ISIS.

I wonder how many other westerners who joined ISIS would jump ship if they thought they could get away even if it meant sitting in prison?
Curious?

I can speak for Austria. There have been a lot of trials, all ending up with a stretch in jail for returnees. Personally, I think, it's kind of a short sighted approach. They copped out after seeing the real deal and returned willingly. Better to lend them a hand for reintegration, combined with some monitoring, than to throw them in jail.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nine family members killed in US airstrike in Kabul targeting suspected ISIS-K bomber WinterHold 16 1084 August 31, 2021 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  BREAKING: Muslims confronting ISIS terrorist and save Austrian Wounded Cop. WinterHold 18 1273 November 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Should ISIS fighters/wives/children be repatriated? brewer 112 6930 March 9, 2019 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  BREAKING: How Egypt tried to kill a "60 Minutes" interview WinterHold 1 408 January 7, 2019 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Did anyone watch the ABC Comey interview? Brian37 3 623 April 16, 2018 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Funny Wayne LaPierree interview Sterben 3 524 March 3, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Sterben
  Finally, proof that ISIS recieved funding from a western company. WinterHold 2 852 December 8, 2017 at 5:44 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Clinton Interview Thumpalumpacus 51 7748 September 16, 2017 at 12:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  ISIS (Probably) Blows Up al-Nuri Mosque in Mosul The Valkyrie 10 3801 June 24, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Very interesting Jullian Assange interview with RT ReptilianPeon 51 6403 August 14, 2016 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: abaris