Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10
Windows 10
Just downloaded Windows 10. Trying it out. So far, it seems okay. I haven't tried it enough to give an opinion one way or the other. Anybody else have it yet?
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Windows 10
I started the install before I left for work on my spare laptop. Unattended install... Panic
My son - a network technician - suggested waiting six months so the eager-beavers can find all the bugs in it.
(July 29, 2015 at 7:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: My son - a network technician - suggested waiting six months so the eager-beavers can find all the bugs in it.

If we wait eight months instead of six, we can try out Windows 10+.  Thirteen months after that, Windows 19 1/2 should be available.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 29, 2015 at 7:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: My son - a network technician - suggested waiting six months so the eager-beavers can find all the bugs in it.

Give it till the first service pack.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

That's the conventional wisdom, however, given the new development model, what 'Windows 10' is is a continually moving target - and so will always have new bugs introduced (hopefully to be quickly found and fixed).

(Yes, I'm a professional software developer.)
Hell, I just got to 7 two days ago on my work machine.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(July 29, 2015 at 7:25 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:

Give it till the first service pack.

You might be waiting a very, very long time.
(July 29, 2015 at 7:33 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(July 29, 2015 at 7:25 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Give it till the first service pack.

You might be waiting a very, very long time.
I'm not familiar with the new development model, but at this point I have no issues with waiting as windows 8.1 is finally ticking away like a charm.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
I'm actually not sure about that system. I'm entitled to my free version, but is there a possibility to install it as a second system? I don't want to go through the hassle of a cleansweep and reinstalling windows 7.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows defender has, once again, incorrectly identified my program as malware! FlatAssembler 36 780 February 22, 2024 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [Serious] Windows Movie Maker Help T.J. 6 696 November 29, 2021 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  Windows Security plus Win 11 Oldandeasilyconfused 2 348 November 25, 2021 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Windows 11. Install it; Yes/ No/Wait Oldandeasilyconfused 24 2168 November 10, 2021 at 10:52 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Windows 11? Angrboda 29 2315 September 23, 2021 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: no one
  Anybody ever run Windows 10 on server hardware? popeyespappy 1 535 November 6, 2019 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why isn't Android more serious contender to Windows? Fake Messiah 8 886 June 20, 2019 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Getting a Windows 98 game to run on modern windows vulcanlogician 23 2158 January 19, 2019 at 7:09 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  HELP! The Page Breaks in All My Documents Have Disappeared in Windows 2013 Rhondazvous 18 3849 January 9, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Windows 10 Running Slow A Theist 30 8017 June 2, 2017 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Joods