Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"nothing to do with Islam"?
"nothing to do with Islam"?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...21569.html

A woman in France was attacked by a gang of Muslim women because she was wearing a bikini.

"It had nothing to do with Islam" apparently. Yeah I'm scratching my head too.

Fuck your morals.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

RE: "nothing to do with Islam"?
What's going on in western Europe is frightening. Their Muslim problem is way out of hand and nobody is brave enough to deal with it.
I think the solidarity from other women is great

This is what the West needs more of. If the police won't do anything to stop it, let's piss these people off ourselves more. Not by violence, just by shoving our contempt for their "morals" in their faces. Safety in numbers.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

One would have wondered the EU government would have been doing something about this.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Their explantion was that it was a fight between girl gangs. Is that a problem in France?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I watched a Tariq Ramadan video recently. He made Islam sound like a new-age, self-help journey of personal development, celebrating diversity and women's rights. It's like bizarro world.

How is it that this one religion can be interpreted in two radically different ways? Islam must be as nebulous and ill-defined as a pot of tea leaves.

Or Tariq is just putting lipstick on a ...
I want to make this absolutely clear:

Islam is nothing to do with Islam.

OK then.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
If people who dress "immodestly" are asking to be raped then surely people who wear a veil are asking for abuse? They stand out so they must be wanting to highlight the fact they are different. What was that? People who are deliberately trying to be anti-social and alienating themselves from the rest of society want to be taken seriously? Erm...right...

Ok having had time to gather my thoughts on this, I really do have a problem with this "nothing to do with Islam" argument.

Of course it has everything to do with Islam, and you can't divorce it. People are products of the environment they were raised in. These people were raised in the religion, and until the day they wake up and realise they've been conned, they are products of the religion. In exactly the same way as an abused child will probably end up depressed and lacking confidence as a product of their abuse, any views and actions of these people are products of the fact that they were raised Muslim. They just can't take a commentary on what the religion has molded them into, so we have to gloss over it and say "oh no, it's not your religion" just to appease them.

- Maryam Namazie

If Muslim women should be attacking anyone, it should be the Muslim men who force Muslim women to cover themselves up and be their bitches.

Fuck this ignorant sexist religion.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic reflection]: Homosexuality is nothing but Sexual Gratification. WinterHold 58 4076 March 27, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7733 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5422 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Does Islamic State really have nothing to do with religion? Fathima Nazeer mralstoner 25 7118 September 23, 2014 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33619 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet