Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
View my Website.
View my Website.
View my website of WogglebugLove Productions: to learn about my own published books now and to come. As well as watch the videos I've made in book ads, movie trailers, music videos, short films, and a visual podcast. Read my blog which is updated every now and then.

Most importantly, read the "About" page to learn all about what WogglebugLove Productions is about and why it it is. Because I need to launch an Indiegogo campaign by December this year to be able to pay off my picture book artists illustrations at least, watch the video ad embedded into the page and view the Campaign page preview. By all means, show this to your children you have or know. As they are the audience targeted for the perks of it.
RE: View my Website.
Moderator Notice
This thread has been locked pending staff discussion.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Moderator Notice
This thread is being unlocked. Discuss away.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I think I believe in the Wogglebug. If the Wogglebug doesn't exist, life as we know it doesn't make any sense.
On the consumer (I guess you'd call it) end of this, I have no idea how to digest this concept. I'm very confused. What is your motivation for this...uhhh thing?

Two things are immediately off-putting. 1) I don't know how to feel about an obscure character that you didn't invent, and is instead from a popular story. And 2) He's not friendly looking. No, it's not even that he isn't friendly looking, it's the character design. It looks cheap and hastily decided on. I remember a bin at Walmart filled with DVD's and you'd always find a knock off cartoon in a really thin case. I would have thoughts like "Who made this?", "When was this even made?", "is anybody making money off this?" This reminds me of those DVDs.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I'm tired of people criticizing the Wogglebug's looks. I already changed his looks not once but twice before. He used to look very different and one of the reasons I changed his looks from before was already because he didn't look very kid-friendly. This latest design is a combination of the previous two designs and still original. And I am very happy with it.

Just so you know, I didn't design it as I don't make the characters I film, I just sometimes redesign them a little.

And children is the targeted audience. And I may not have created the character but I am doing a reimagining of him in an original place and series of movies I totally created. I wouldn't say the book he originated from is "popular" as it is long out of date by the standards of today.
Well, I don't mean to criticize your creation, hell, I don't even know how to approach it, let alone dig far enough in to judge it on any substantial level. The story could be amazing for all I know. And I think that's my point. I can only get so close before I'm turned away, so I can only judge the cover. That's a problem.

You may be happy with the design, but it's hard for me to take it seriously when it doesn't appear to have been takn seriously by the creator. I know that you love this story and character (supposing you're not a Poe), but I only know that by what you've said, not by what you've done.

I mean...
[Image: 1057714_orig.jpg?336]
...this makes me think you're joking.

ETA: I'm always hesitant to criticize something as harshly as I have here on the off chance that this is your honest to goodness best effort. Normally, I'd blindly encourage all attempts at art no matter the quality, because I like to see people hone what will become a craft. But there is also the pitfall of being too close to the trees to see the forest (errmm..yeah, I think thats how it goes), so sometimes you have to give people the step back they need.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Saw your website the first day you posted. Not a fan of self promotion in this forum. Your threads tell the tale. GO AWAY!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
At least it's not Amy Poehler
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
You cannot judge a website just by looking at it. Watch the videos and hear how the Wogglebug's voice sounds when he is talking or singing. Look at the picture gallery. Watch the video for the Indiegogo Campaign especially.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 790 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  How do you view humanity in general? Ahriman 73 4460 October 2, 2021 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  How Americans view the British Cod 81 6271 December 26, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Fireball
  The RationalWiki website. Jehanne 2 436 October 26, 2017 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I've been on this website a year now... ReptilianPeon 8 1971 February 18, 2016 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Cheating website hacked and customer data released. CapnAwesome 67 10099 August 20, 2015 at 6:21 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  I'd like to share this website with you. CandyCaneChild 18 3942 November 4, 2013 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Is this a UK based website? Brian37 35 9046 July 21, 2013 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Heart Found a website that checks the opinion of the internet Atheistm vs Religion Big Blue Sky 4 1967 June 16, 2013 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  How non-americans view America kılıç_mehmet 30 9173 November 1, 2011 at 2:37 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet