Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:07 am

Poll: Abrahamic Religions are obsessed with sex?
This poll is closed.
Yes
100.00%
19 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abrahamic religions are obsessed with sex
Abrahamic religions are obsessed with sex
I assert that Abrahamic religions are neurotically obsessed with genitals and what one does with them.

There seems to be a religious aversion to genitals and sex. In fact, so much so that some demand people mutilate those genitals to express their disgust in themselves (covering it with some covenant bull****)

In some Christian cults, having a penis allows you to be qualified as a priest. Some even condemn certain sexual positions (Thomas Aquinas). There seems to be a general loathing towards it. Condoms & other contraception are seen by a lot as ‘bad’ too.

A few religions also thrown in the “masturbation is bad” card. The Catholic has some twisted & perverse sense that *every* single sperm is ‘sacred’.

We also have to sign a formal contract with God to put a penis in a vagina. In other words, we are so disgusted by sex, that we demand that God is a third party to make the contract and include bizarre terms like “till death do us part”. We then label this obstacle of two people sharing love as a ceremony called “marriage”. Religions go out of their way to make sex as serious and as hard as possible.

In conclusion, religion is disgusted by genitals and sex. I haven't even got onto homosexuality.
RE: Abrahamic religions are obsessed with sex
Fluke Wrote:I haven't even got onto homosexuality.

Don't worry Smile 'Homosexuality' is about as ambiguous as the english language lets us get Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Is that a true reflection of humanity ... or humanity from the time frame?

Certainly it's picked up upon. Although the general perception seems to be opposite of what's condoned : that sex is healthy and great.
(April 26, 2010 at 7:39 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Is that a true reflection of humanity ... or humanity from the time frame?
Humanity from the time frame remains humanity Smile

Quote:Certainly it's picked up upon. Although the general perception seems to be opposite of what's condoned : that sex is healthy and great.

And yet virginity remains a sacred substance worth some weight in gold. Thinking
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Proof! Big Grin
Quote:And yet virginity remains a sacred substance worth some weight in gold.

Still say its overrated, Sae. Would you want to go to a surgeon who had never operated before? Or even a plumber who had never cleaned out a drain?

Experience counts.
Quote:I haven't even got onto homosexuality.

I was gonna make a joke here but I dont know you well enough.

Love your religious view by the way.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Shame, guilt, humility... these things are used as tools by organized religion. Sex was the 'original sin' (partaking of the 'forbidden fruit'), and that sin was committed against direct orders from god. Humanity (both of them) were given shame, guilt, and humility as punishment. Mankind (according to the church) is still atoning for that sin.

I would speculate that that is where the apparent obsession with sex comes from... at least for Christians.
(April 26, 2010 at 2:48 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Sex was the 'original sin' (partaking of the 'forbidden fruit'), and that sin was committed against direct orders from god.
Exqueeze me? Confusedhock:

There was me taking the label "Tree of knowledge of good and evil" (my favourite tree name - shame it became extinct) WAY too literally then!

(do you honestly think that Paul?!)
That is what I have been told by too many Christians to count for too many years to mention. Not all, of course, but yes... I have been told again and again that the 'apple' represented 'sex' and that once Adam and Eve... 'ate the apple'... that was the original sin. We are all born of 'original sin'. Hence a lifetime of atonement.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Abrahamic God technically an incel? Woah0 2 510 August 29, 2022 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1828 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 2733 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Abrahamic roots of racism, which one is worst Sammin 2 1162 October 6, 2018 at 10:09 am
Last Post: brewer
  Religions Role in Social Movements, Essential or Accidental? Neo-Scholastic 17 3472 October 4, 2018 at 3:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all religions cults? Aroura 88 11013 September 30, 2018 at 1:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3707 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10748 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions? Greatest I am 37 12816 March 23, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  How I view all the world's religions. Brian37 0 599 March 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37