Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"usb 3.0 monitor is already started"?
"usb 3.0 monitor is already started"?
That's an error message I'm getting when I start up my rig.

Background: Yesterday I got a new computer with win 7 64 already installed and I installed the newest AMD driver set. The error message cropped up right after that. Now, as far as I understand it, the USB monitor only checks if USB ports are connected correctly to the motherboard. Also it seems to me that I have kind of a double trouble here. Probably because win already installed that monitor and the AMD drivers did it again. But I don't know where to check that out.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: "usb 3.0 monitor is already started"?
What?!
Got a "new" computer with win7 on the very same day win10 is being distributed? and years after win8 is bundled with new computers!?!

You got scammed.
Take it back.
(July 31, 2015 at 6:13 am)pocaracas Wrote: You got scammed.
Take it back.

Why, I could download Win 10 at any given time. The option is in my task bar. Also I've got a lot of older games, so win 8 was never an option, apart from having no start menu and shitty touchscreen design. I also wait with win 10 until I know a little bit more of what it actually does or doesn't do.
just go to device manager and disable one until the problem goes away.
There may already be one there with an exclamation mark next to it. disable that one and reboot.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 31, 2015 at 6:21 am)ignoramus Wrote: just go to device manager and disable one until the problem goes away.
There may already be one there with an exclamation mark next to it. disable that one and reboot.

That's the first one I ckecked. There's no exclamation mark.

The whole error seems to be nothing but a nuisance since two drivers attempt to do the same startup check. Computer is running as intended.
It might be occurring from multiple startup entries for the same process. Check your msconfig startup entries and disable if you find any duplicates.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

can you uninstall one of them?
They should both be in device manager, but maybe in different places?
Do a quick google search also to save you mucking about.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Thanks Aoi, msconfig was the way to go. It was as I suspected. Motherboard and later installed AMD drivers both came with a USB monitor. Disabling one took care of the error message.
glad to be of help Big Grin
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

shit, I haven't touched msconfig since win95! hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BUGCODE USB DRIVER Edwardo Piet 31 6145 November 20, 2016 at 8:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I has 51 inch laptop monitor. Oldandeasilyconfused 18 10834 July 4, 2012 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  So who's ready for their tracking implants? (You probably already have one) tackattack 20 6422 May 9, 2011 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn