Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So here's my theory
So here's my theory
So I believe that once you are conscious you are conscious forever. Wherever you go/whatever form you take after you die doesn't matter.

So there would be people who would be ready to die and sleep forever(since you can't disappear from existence sleeping forever is the only option.)

So bodies of matter take care of this because you could forget who you are and be in a dreamlike state, living and dying in a cycle which keeps you from feeling the true effects of eternity.

Which means that at least one person would have to oversee the process, someone who those are asleep may refer to as "God".

At times there would only be one person willing to be awake and watch over others, and at other times there would be multiple people who are willing to be awake, which is who would be referred to as "Gods". In an infinite universe it would go back and forth from one person who is ok with being awake to billions who are ok with being awake.

So what do you think? And who would be willing to stay awake with me and cause shenanigans for billions of years while others sleep?

EDIT: Fine it's not a theory it's something I made up, but none the less makes you think about what if we all live forever and ever
RE: So here's my theory
I liked the use of the word "shenanigans" other than that.....

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I think you need to cut down on the 'Blaze', Rob.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
That's not a theory, that's something you just made up that is not only unevidenced but pretty obviously falsified by the fact that one can, in fact, become unconscious Big Grin
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 8, 2015 at 3:49 am)Iroscato Wrote: I think you need to cut down on the 'Blaze', Rob.

I thought of this sober, I haven't blazed in a long time. I used the word Blaze in usernames and character names for games before I even knew what blazing meant. I just liked fire and thought blaze sounded better than fire.

(August 8, 2015 at 3:52 am)Alex K Wrote: That's not a theory, that's something you just made up that is not only unevidenced but pretty obviously falsified by the fact that one can, in fact, become unconscious Big Grin

But in an infinite universe even if you go unconscious you will eventually become conscious again.
(August 8, 2015 at 3:42 am)RobBlaze Wrote: So I believe that

There. That's your problem.

I believe I'm the unchallenged ruler of Wafflestan. Crazy Hair Guy believes the back alley is better for peeing than the next street (true story btw). My friend believes Jesus is talking to her in her sleep.

Believing things doesn't make them real.
(August 8, 2015 at 3:58 am)RobBlaze Wrote:
(August 8, 2015 at 3:52 am)Alex K Wrote: That's not a theory, that's something you just made up that is not only unevidenced but pretty obviously falsified by the fact that one can, in fact, become unconscious Big Grin

But in an infinite universe even if you go unconscious you will eventually become conscious again.

Is the universe infinite? And why should you become conscious again?
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(August 8, 2015 at 4:04 am)Neimenovic Wrote:
(August 8, 2015 at 3:42 am)RobBlaze Wrote: So I believe that

There. That's your problem.

I believe I'm the unchallenged ruler of Wafflestan. Crazy Hair Guy believes the back alley is better for peeing than the next street (true story btw). My friend believes Jesus is talking to her in her sleep.

Believing things doesn't make them real.

What's wrong with believing? No one believes in nothing. Even is something is proven thousands of time with evidence you still have to choose whether or not you believe in it. I don't know the world is round, I believe it is because other people have proven that in this plane of existence the world is indeed what one would describe as round.

(August 8, 2015 at 4:08 am)Lucanus Wrote:
(August 8, 2015 at 3:58 am)RobBlaze Wrote: But in an infinite universe even if you go unconscious you will eventually become conscious again.

Is the universe infinite? And why should you become conscious again?

Well I used the word universe wrong, what I mean is what is beyond the universe is infinite. If the universe came out of nothing(even if it came out of something, somewhere along the line something was created out of nothing) then eventually in infinity when you go unconscious no matter what happens you will eventually wake up somewhere at some point in time.
The problem is not believing in and of itself, the problem is believing in things that are not demonstrated to be true. Even worse is believing things that are blatantly made up at the moment.

Beliefs of any kind have a desperate need to be reasonable. If I say that evolution is true because of the mountains of evidence there are in its favour, then my belief is justifiable and reasonable.

But if I claim that consciousness is eternal and the universe is infinite without bringing to the table even the slightest amount of evidence, then my belief is completely unreasonable and is likely not to be conform to reality.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(August 8, 2015 at 4:09 am)RobBlaze Wrote: What's wrong with believing?

Exactly what I said. It doesn't make things real.

ಠ_ಠ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5028 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  First order logic, set theory and God dr0n3 293 26534 December 11, 2018 at 11:35 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  A loose “theory” of the dynamics of religious belief Bunburryist 6 1663 August 14, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Bunburryist
  Top misconceptions of Theory of Evolution you had to deal with ErGingerbreadMandude 76 12585 March 7, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  A crazy theory Ruprick 11 2691 February 18, 2016 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hindu Perspective: Counter to God of Gaps Theory Krishna Jaganath 26 5785 November 19, 2015 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
Video Dr Zakir Naik Vs the Theory of Evolution Mental Outlaw 4 2481 July 23, 2015 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Mental Outlaw
  my new theory about christians Jextin 49 7991 October 4, 2014 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Theory number 3. Mystic 134 76896 October 29, 2012 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Theory of Everything (unifying faith and reason) wisdom searcher 38 15698 April 1, 2012 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: oxymoron