Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians, This is Why You Shouldn't Evangelize to Us - Another awesome TAV video
Christians, This is Why You Shouldn't Evangelize to Us - Another awesome TAV video
I have nothing to add. It hits everything I could possibly think of.

And thank you to the christians who don't try to convert me.
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
RE: Christians, This is Why You Shouldn't Evangelize to Us - Another awesome TAV video
I tend to avoid videos. Just provide me with a written list.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Christians, This is Why You Shouldn't Evangelize to Us - Another awesome TAV video
I tend to agree.  Amateurish videos are simply annoying.  Most of these people should be taking orders at Jack In The Box and leave the performing to people who have some talent for it.
(August 10, 2015 at 1:26 am)Minimalist Wrote: I tend to agree.  Amateurish videos are simply annoying.  Most of these people should be taking orders at Jack In The Box and leave the performing to people who have some talent for it.

He can't be any worse then than "The Amazing Atheist."
Edit: Grammar police. Cool
"Don't hate the player, hate the game son."

"POCKET SAND!"
*than
~ Erin Hunter
Enjoyed the vid. Number 3-anecdotal testimony, is the most annoying type of evangelizing to me. When anyone tells me how God spoke to them, or "put something on their heart" I tend to take a step back. Literally. It's clear people do not realize how crazy they sound when they do that.  Gives me the heebie jeebies most of the time.
(August 10, 2015 at 1:34 am)McDoogins Wrote:
(August 10, 2015 at 1:26 am)Minimalist Wrote: I tend to agree.  Amateurish videos are simply annoying.  Most of these people should be taking orders at Jack In The Box and leave the performing to people who have some talent for it.
He can't be any worse then than "The Amazing Atheist."
It doesn't sound like you guys have heard of Hemant Mehta before. He's pretty well known in the New Atheist movement for his blog on Patheos and his popular YouTube monologues. I've seen his stuff advertised by Dawkins and the like... so he must be doing something right.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
New Atheist Movement?

Can I kill this guy?
~ Erin Hunter
(August 10, 2015 at 1:58 am)Nestor Wrote:
(August 10, 2015 at 1:34 am)McDoogins Wrote: He can't be any worse then than "The Amazing Atheist."
It doesn't sound like you guys have heard of Hemant Mehta before. He's pretty well known in the New Atheist movement for his blog on Patheos and his popular YouTube monologues. I've seen his stuff advertised by Dawkins and the like... so he must be doing something right.

Yes. Hemant Mehta, the Friendly Atheist is considered a pretty big freakin deal. He seems to be one of the more respected voices in the age of internet atheism. Sometimes he's  almost too nice for my tastes. But his whole thing is being calm, well-spoken, and somewhat quiet rationalism.
(August 10, 2015 at 2:06 am)Kitan Wrote: New Atheist Movement?

Can I kill this guy?
Who? What?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Even another all about you thread. Little lunch 17 796 September 13, 2018 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Seraphina
  (Yet Another) Tell Us About You Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2581 September 12, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  Another question for Christians Edwardo Piet 19 2727 May 24, 2018 at 4:59 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Awesome names for baby boys and baby girls ErGingerbreadMandude 37 3561 February 14, 2018 at 2:40 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What LGBT should/shouldn't do Metis 15 1960 July 7, 2015 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Forum Game: You're awesome! Jericho 21 2802 May 17, 2015 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Live in the past movie, tv show, video game, you played. dyresand 19 2880 March 3, 2015 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Shouldn't the Department of Homeland Security Minimalist 13 1872 August 4, 2014 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Reasons Dave Grohl is Awesome Cinjin 14 5309 April 29, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Awesome and beautiful apartment abandoned for 70s discovered almost untouched Ryantology 10 3502 February 3, 2014 at 2:51 am
Last Post: pocaracas