Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm sorry
I'm sorry
For everything. I'm not a good person as you all can tell. The good people here deserve better. I'm getting help for my depression but won't trouble you all with my presence anymore.
RE: I'm sorry
I think if you feel the need to apologize for you behavior, that makes you a good person.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I hope you get what help you need.

You're far from the only person with depression here, I've suffered with it for 8 years now so I know how horrible it is. I hope you reconsider and will stay, so we can support you Smile

Whether you do or not, I'm glad you're seeking help and I hope it goes well.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I don't hold anything against you. Your apology tells me you're not a bad person.

Please man. Get the help you need.
You have nothing to be sorry for. I have no idea why you consider yourself a bad person, but you haven't shown that here, AFAIC.

I hope you stay, but if you go, I am glad you are seeking help. If you do go, please come back if/when you start feeling better.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
You're just fine, no worries Smile
And best of luck with the treatment!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 10, 2015 at 2:39 pm)Shinagami Wrote: For everything. I'm not a good person as you all can tell. The good people here deserve better. I'm getting help for my depression but won't trouble you all with my presence anymore.

Don't sweat it, dude.  This place is essentially a no judgement* zone.

*Notwithstanding dealing with theists' brand of morality.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Shit, nobody's perfect mate. You may have said some things I took issue with, but that doesn't mean you're a bad person by any means. The fact that you think you are means you most likely recognise your own flaws and fixate on them, generally not the sign of a horrible human being.

You just need some help to get a clearer head, and whatever you're doing now, I hope it works out for you. I wish you all the best.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I hope treatment will make you feel better. Try to smile and be well!
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just ranting. Sorry. purplepurpose 11 1190 July 1, 2022 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Sorry Catholic_Lady Nothing 14 981 November 30, 2021 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  sorry for the late notice Drich 26 1832 May 12, 2019 at 2:35 am
Last Post: WolfsChild
  I am sorry, MysticKnight WinterHold 8 1583 March 19, 2018 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Sorry, Evie. This must really hurt. Minimalist 15 2523 January 23, 2016 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Facebook, sorry about that x.x Foxaèr 1 801 May 29, 2015 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Does anybody else feel sorry for religious people? IanHulett 58 6263 February 2, 2015 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  IM VERY VERY SORRY Marsellus Wallace 56 7221 December 28, 2014 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  sorry women shortbusgangsta3 75 8986 July 7, 2014 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Sorry WinterHold 8 1821 February 12, 2013 at 9:44 am
Last Post: WinterHold