Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History Repeats Itself
History Repeats Itself
This is the sixth thread in which I ask theists very simple questions that deserve very simple answers. This question is only asked of creationists.

The question I propose to you is:
  1. What is the probability that the same thing that happened with Galileo and the church (geocentric vs. heliocentric) will happen again with evolutionists and the church (evolution vs. creation)? By this, I mean that evolution, in just a few decades, will be as accepted as the geocentric theory is today.
I only decided to put one question this time, so it should be pretty easy to answer. Also, if you are a climate change denier, this applies to you too.

Thanks!
History Repeats Itself
I understand the question but today's day is very different from Galileo's time. To go against the church teachings was heresy. Evolution is MUCH more widely accepted and even within church circles. I don't think it will be fully accepted in our life time, but there will not be the level of intensity as in the geocentric debate.
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
RE: History Repeats Itself
(August 11, 2015 at 9:42 pm)lkingpinl Wrote: I understand the question but today's day is very different from Galileo's time. To go against the church teachings was heresy. Evolution is MUCH more widely accepted and even within church circles. I don't think it will be fully accepted in our life time, but there will not be the level of intensity as in the geocentric debate.
So you are not a creationist then?
History Repeats Itself
That wasn't your question.
(August 11, 2015 at 10:46 pm)lkingpinl Wrote: That wasn't your question.
(August 11, 2015 at 7:35 pm)Shuffle Wrote: This question is only asked of creationists.
History Repeats Itself
And I answered so does that answer your question?
(August 11, 2015 at 10:58 pm)lkingpinl Wrote: And I answered so does that answer your question?
Based on your answer, it definitely seemed like you aren't.
History Repeats Itself
(August 11, 2015 at 11:19 pm)Shuffle Wrote:
(August 11, 2015 at 10:58 pm)lkingpinl Wrote: And I answered so does that answer your question?
Based on your answer, it definitely seemed like you aren't.

You asked if we felt the fight between evolution and creationism would rival that of the geocentric debate in the time of Galileo. I answered no and gave reasons. I made no inclination to where I lie in the argument but based on your criteria that only creationists should answer I suspect you could deduce where I stand. Smile
What the hell? A smart, likable,....creationist? I don't get.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
History Repeats Itself
(August 11, 2015 at 11:54 pm)Exian Wrote: What the hell? A smart, likable,....creationist? I don't get.

One of those unsolved mysteries I guess Exian Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New book validates biblical history? Foxaèr 22 4076 December 10, 2014 at 3:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The bible and ancient history. Lemonvariable72 66 12360 December 3, 2014 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  History of Modern Europe: Rise of Christianity RageaholicsAnonymous 1 1115 September 28, 2013 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  Will Christianity Cease Development or Drive Itself Into Truth? Walking Void 37 12915 June 8, 2013 at 3:47 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  The Bible mini-series on the History Channel Drich 23 6903 March 4, 2013 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  History of christian morals in the family Dee Dee Ramone 12 5695 December 8, 2012 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Does the Bible Contradict Itself? spockrates 334 188332 August 16, 2012 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: spockrates