Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opinionated guy in work
opinionated guy in work
I just got a new job, and it involves a lot of sitting or standing around talking which is pretty good.

But there's this one guy in my work who won't stop literally shouting his political opinions at anyone who talks to him and I thought I'd list them here to see what you people think of them, I'm not very politically opinionated myself but I think some of you are.  He is black from Ghana by the way.  There's some pretty big topics amongst these.

1) He thinks as a black man he'd be better off living in china than America.

2) Putin, the Russian leader is a much better man than Barrack Obama because he stands for family values, the marriage between a man and a woman and he never started wars, the stories about Russia fighting the Ukraine were just propaganda made up by the west.

3) America was responsible for slavery, when I told him that every country who colonised Africa pretty much had African slaves he simply said "NO no, I mean real slavery" I don't know what he means by that.

4) 9 11 was a false flag operation because it's unbelievable they found the terrorists passports in the wreckage.

5) North Korea is not a totalitarian regime, most things bad about North Korea are just American propaganda.

6) China and other countries like North Korea do not have more restricted information than the western countries do.

Basically he was literally shouting all of these things about America being evil and the worst country for about an hour, it got to the point where people walking past would turn around to see what was being shouted about, this is in work aswell which is just embarrassing.
I seemed to be the only one to disagree with him, I mean I know America does go into a lot of wars, but this doesn't make other leaders absolute angels and Putin a valuable asset to humanity and North Korea a place of freedom, I think his views are just simplistic and very Bias against America.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: opinionated guy in work
So, he's a dickhead, then?
Dying to live, living to die.
Ask him why he doesn't fucking go to China, then?
(August 11, 2015 at 10:56 pm)Beccs Wrote: So, he's a dickhead, then?

Yeh, he's not intimidating as a person though, cos he's a pretty short guy with a jovial sense of humour, but when people start talking about America he goes crazy.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

He's an idiot. Buy earplugs.
I was thinking what Min said the whole time. Maybe, he'd be happier in Russia too, but I HIGHLY DOUBT IT.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
If he had the exact same political opinions as I do, and he was shouting them at work, he'd still be a douche nozzle.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Cover your ears, close your eyes, start swaying gently back and forth and scream on the top of your lungs

At least that's how I deal with people I don't like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(August 11, 2015 at 10:54 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I just got a new job, and it involves a lot of sitting or standing around talking which is pretty good.

But there's this one guy in my work who won't stop literally shouting his political opinions at anyone who talks to him and I thought I'd list them here to see what you people think of them, I'm not very politically opinionated myself but I think some of you are.  He is black from Ghana by the way.  There's some pretty big topics amongst these.

1) He thinks as a black man he'd be better off living in china than America.

2) Putin, the Russian leader is a much better man than Barrack Obama because he stands for family values, the marriage between a man and a woman and he never started wars, the stories about Russia fighting the Ukraine were just propaganda made up by the west.

3) America was responsible for slavery, when I told him that every country who colonised Africa pretty much had African slaves he simply said "NO no, I mean real slavery" I don't know what he means by that.

4) 9 11 was a false flag operation because it's unbelievable they found the terrorists passports in the wreckage.

5) North Korea is not a totalitarian regime, most things bad about North Korea are just American propaganda.

6) China and other countries like North Korea do not have more restricted information than the western countries do.

Basically he was literally shouting all of these things about America being evil and the worst country for about an hour, it got to the point where people walking past would turn around to see what was being shouted about, this is in work aswell which is just embarrassing.
I seemed to be the only one to disagree with him, I mean I know America does go into a lot of wars, but this doesn't make other leaders absolute angels and Putin a valuable asset to humanity and North Korea a place of freedom, I think his views are just simplistic and very Bias against America.
Which country are you in?
I tend to stay silent during opinionated conversations at work. Only once in a while will I state something. It does not bother me if someone has a different opinion than me.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Red Flag Laws Won't Work. onlinebiker 203 10329 August 26, 2019 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Nearly half of Republicans feel bullied at work Foxaèr 8 2094 October 27, 2018 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Well FOX Will Have To Get Rid Of This Guy Minimalist 14 1874 May 5, 2018 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Right to Work laws in America Joods 25 2459 April 18, 2018 at 4:33 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  So this guy came knocking. brewer 7 723 March 27, 2018 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA
  FBI Director: Russia will work harder for next election Foxaèr 22 3684 October 6, 2017 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Joods
  Good Work, Assholes. Minimalist 7 2681 July 9, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The tough guy image within the GOP NuclearEnergy 8 2325 June 22, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  How the FUCK does this guy become president NuclearEnergy 58 16302 June 10, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  FOX IS GOING TO HAVE TO DUMP THIS GUY Minimalist 1 635 April 25, 2017 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus