Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the future of Catholic Church and Satan?
What's the future of Catholic Church and Satan?
Hey Guys,

I'm a Christian myself, although not a Catholic anymore. I'm also a big SF fan. One of my main interests is what will happen with Catholic Church in the future, and I mean like 200 years from now or something like that. Its been around for 2000 years, so we can safely assume, that it'll be around for at least couple hundred more. Will it expand to other planets? Will it change into corporation? Will they use biomechanoids for Popes? Or maybe it will fall? What's your take on this?

And the second question - it feels to me that Satan doesn't really work anymore as a method of fear. The vision of Satan changed couple times during the centuries and I think that Satan needs a new version, quickly, as modern people simply do not believe in a guy with horns. It might be that Vatican's PR division is thinking about his new image the very moment. Let's give them some ideas, will Satan be replaced, and how?

Thank you for all the answers.

Dominik
If I said something interesting, please take a moment to check my graphic novel OUR FRIEND SATAN: http://ourfriendsatan.com/comics
We're on Kickstarter too: http://kck.st/1JMkJ2z

Thank you!
RE: What's the future of Catholic Church and Satan?
It will disappear into myth like the rest of Christianity.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(August 15, 2015 at 4:52 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: It will disappear into myth like the rest of Christianity.

Its still one of the most popular religions, so I'm afraid this might take a whileSmile
If I said something interesting, please take a moment to check my graphic novel OUR FRIEND SATAN: http://ourfriendsatan.com/comics

Thank you!
In case you haven't noticed, the past 100 years were slightly different from the 1900 years before that, so I'm not so confident about your extrapolation...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 15, 2015 at 5:00 pm)Alex K Wrote: In case you haven't noticed, the past 100 years were slightly different from the 1900 years before that, so I'm not so confident about your extrapolation...

I would say that every century was different. We had first years of Christianity, then we had expansion, then we had crusades, then colonization, and so on. I think we're on the same spot more or less, as we were in XVI century, when Church was looking for its place. But it was 500 years ago, and somehow - it survived!Smile

Thank you!
(August 15, 2015 at 4:53 pm)soloowaty Wrote:
(August 15, 2015 at 4:52 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: It will disappear into myth like the rest of Christianity.

Its still one of the most popular religions, so I'm afraid this might take a whileSmile

Not as long as you might think. The religious nones are the fastest growing category in the US and what is even more marked is the departure of modern Christians from traditional Christian beliefs, ex. Most Christians now except gay marriage. Mind you I think it will little like the mass effect universe where the Vatican is still an organization, much like the monarchy in England, but Christianity is considered mythical like the Viking Gods.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Well I hope it goes fuck itself -_-
(August 15, 2015 at 4:48 pm)soloowaty Wrote: Will it change into corporation?

Change into? Methinks you're not fully informed as far as the Catholic Church is concerned.

Also, for your sake, I do hope that most of your remarks were tongue in cheek and not meant to be taken serious.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Welcome.

The xtian church/organized religion will dwindle away into nothingness first, followed by individual belief. Hopefully most if not all existing religions will follow this course. I won't speculate the time frame. I can't speculate on future religions but I believe that some will be invented. The human psyche dearly loves comfort.

They don't need satan to induce fear. Just keep threatening to take away eternal life. To me, that has always been their biggest power play.

What are you kick starting? Are you mainly here for self promotion?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 15, 2015 at 5:26 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Welcome.

The xtian church/organized religion will dwindle away into nothingness first, followed by individual belief. Hopefully most if not all existing  religions will follow this course. I won't speculate the time frame. I can't speculate on future religions but I believe that some will be invented. The human psyche dearly loves comfort.

They don't need satan to induce fear. Just keep threatening to take away eternal life. To me, that has always been their biggest power play.

What are you kick starting? Are you mainly here for self promotion?

Well, I guess I don't see religion any different from for example Star Wars famdom. People need to have something to believe in, religion just made a business out of it. And, as I'm capitalist at heart, I strongly believe that if both sides of transaction are happy, then everything is in order. So even though I don't like Catholic Church for many reasons, I'm not angered at them like you guys seem to be. God is a therapy, it was created to help people. You don't need it? Perfectly ok. I do. It helps me not to be a prick.

As for self promotion - I'm here to discuss matters of beliefs, which interests me, to search for ideas to my writing, and to self promote my graphic novel. Is there something wrong about it?

(August 15, 2015 at 5:16 pm)abaris Wrote:
(August 15, 2015 at 4:48 pm)soloowaty Wrote: Will it change into corporation?

Change into? Methinks you're not fully informed as far as the Catholic Church is concerned.

Well, I actually agree on that one - its already a corporation!

Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 32574 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Tongue Scrupulosity - a Catholic disorder ? Bucky Ball 2 354 July 27, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Helping Satan LinuxGal 10 1561 April 1, 2023 at 5:51 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 7707 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Satan's Spy System = SSS Ferrocyanide 5 862 January 13, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1201 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 3878 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1382 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1337 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 773 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet