Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Further reason love this forum
Further reason love this forum
I was finally banned from hipforums.com Angel

Clap

That forum claims to be so liberal and hip, but it is honestly the furthest from that concept.

What caused the ban was a response to the lesbians only thread where only lesbians are allowed to post.

There is no such gay male thread where only gay men can post.

The lesbians have complained about straight men perving on the lesbian thread, but to be honest everyone perves everywhere on that damn site. Ninety percent of the forum content is sex related.

Some of us had finally became tired of the stupidity and tried to make a stand. I was banned because I was fighting for an injustice that made absolutely no sense.

My stance was that I should be able to post on the lesbian forum if a lesbian was seeking advice and I had advice to offer. That did not sit over well for them.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Further reason love this forum
So what is so wrong with perving on lesbians? Yeah, that sounds like a pretty oppressive place.
Quote:My stance was that I should be able to post on the lesbian forum if a lesbian was seeking advice and I had advice to offer. That did not sit over well for them.

What part of lesbians only was giving you trouble?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Well, even if he acted in poor taste I've got to defend Kitan here and whoever banned him for this, if Kitan is telling the truth, must be a complete idiot with no idea what liberalism actually means.
(August 18, 2015 at 4:15 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:My stance was that I should be able to post on the lesbian forum if a lesbian was seeking advice and I had advice to offer. That did not sit over well for them.

What part of lesbians only was giving you trouble?

Boru

You can stress the only however much you like, if it's a public place and I have access to it I'll tear down the doors, come in and scream(so to speak) just so I can prove a point.

OP, the site doesn't seem to work or, rather, I don't have access to it. Are you sure you're not making this up?

As for the forum being all that great... I don't know. It honestly is the best I've ever encountered but it's very far from being perfect - at least that's been my experience. Authority should only assert itself when absolutely necessary. Here I've seen quite the opposite to that and I've got to admit it's proof of simplemindedness and mediocrity, and furthermore, when you point it out as such you're immediately pressured to shut up. This is quite reminiscent of an oppressive system - that's exactly what it is actually. To me, there is only a subtle difference between passive aggressive and aggressive behaviour. Some tend to exploit the fact that the two are, at first sight, quite distinguishable intention wise.

Oh well, that said, we're all just humans. We can't be perfect.

The perfect forum would be one with no restrictions - let the flow administer itself. But we all know that's not possible legal wise, so there's that.
Hahaha ...if we were to be banned for jumping in on threads meant for "others", there'd be no-one left here on this site! Including Tibs!
I made a "polite person's only thread" and Tib's was practically the first to kick down my door and swear! hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Quote:You can stress the only however much you like, if it's a public place and I have access to it I'll tear down the doors, come in and scream(so to speak) just so I can prove a point.

Rude bugger, aren't you? It isn't what you have a right to do, it's a matter of respect. A forum called 'Lesbians Only' is just that - a forum created by or for lesbians who don't wish to talk to anyone who isn't a lesbian.

If you really feel a need to prove some point or other to lesbians, I'm sure you can encounter them in other fora. I don't imagine that Kitan was being harsh or disruptive or anything of the sort. I suspect, but can't prove, that he went there with the best of intentions, they discovered he wasn't a lesbian and someone complained to admin. *shrug* That's the risk you take when you go someplace you aren't wanted.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
@Iggy

IIRC in the new rules there is one about enforcing thread limitations saying all members have access to all threads in public forums
(August 18, 2015 at 5:01 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:You can stress the only however much you like, if it's a public place and I have access to it I'll tear down the doors, come in and scream(so to speak) just so I can prove a point.

Rude bugger, aren't you?  It isn't what you have a right to do, it's a matter of respect
Bold mine.

Not if you get banned for doing it, it's not. And even if it were, I don't give a shit about respect. But you do, so respect my opinion about it, ok?
(August 18, 2015 at 5:01 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Rude bugger, aren't you?  It isn't what you have a right to do, it's a matter of respect.  A forum called 'Lesbians Only' is just that - a forum created by or for lesbians who don't wish to talk to anyone who isn't a lesbian.

If you really feel a need to prove some point or other to lesbians, I'm sure you can encounter them in other fora.  I don't imagine that Kitan was being harsh or disruptive or anything of the sort.  I suspect, but can't prove, that he went there with the best of intentions, they discovered he wasn't a lesbian and someone complained to admin.  *shrug*  That's the risk you take when you go someplace you aren't wanted.

I think the point is more that it's stupid to have a thread detailing who can and cannot post in the first place, at least in this instance. Especially when they preach liberalism and openness, on a forum that's in the public domain, and especially when that particular thread is used to snipe at people elsewhere on the site. It's much less to do with respect and much more to do with undermining something that's flagrantly stupid.

I agree it's the risk you take if you then post on such a thread. It's 'their' forum and all that shite. But it doesn't make them or their forum, or their threads, or their reasons for banning, any less stupid. The contention seems to me that they simultaneously preach liberalism while cordoning off sections of their site for specific people. You have to admit that's more than a little hypocritical. If that were me, upon seeing a thread intended for only certain people, I'd say fuck any respect they think they deserve and post purely out of principle alone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is the REAL reason Dr H 6 968 July 3, 2019 at 8:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 991 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  [user split] Further Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such. Angrboda 8 1432 September 29, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The reason I do not believe in God dimitrios10 4 481 May 27, 2018 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Depressed for a very good reason dyresand 9 2824 June 29, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Platonic Love Vs Romantic Love Edwardo Piet 27 6927 September 4, 2016 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  #2 Reason to Hate People Who Hate Big Pharma thesummerqueen 47 4619 January 15, 2016 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Something cute to brighten up your day. If you didn't love cats, you love them now. IanHulett 34 6810 July 23, 2015 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: MTL
  The real reason people are weight-obsessed. Razzle 5 1783 July 12, 2015 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Razzle
  I love this forum BlackSwordsman 15 3133 June 10, 2014 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Violet