Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stick to what you know.
Stick to what you know.
"When you know a thing, to hold that you know it, and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it - this is knowledge." - Confucius

I wish more people could remember this!
I am absolutely certain that I do not know, but it might be possible to find out. - Christopher Hitchens 
Follow Me!
RE: Stick to what you know.
But then that means we can't pretend to know things we have no way of knowing and have one less reason to be condescending assholes!! NOOOOOO
The first thing to know is that you do not know anything. Except this. This one's special.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Who would you put your money on? Confucius or Socrates ...The 2 of them will tell each other how little they really know and philosophize themselves back into a singularity and disappear into nothing!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I like to pretend i know everything ^-^
But i know i don't know anything,i just like to pretend. Tongue
Yeah, I only know 2 things ... That I'm an ignoramus and that God of the bible has never existed!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
We could try to live by that principle. But could we bear the ensuing silence?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

We must question everything, even whether or not we should question everything.

Even whether or not we should question whether or not to question everything.

My week is starting to fill up fast...
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Know that what you know is not enough and thus you must strive to know more.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

you saying we need to know God mofo?! hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do we know what we know? Aegon 15 1884 October 22, 2018 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: Dr H
Information Truth.. and what you know ska88 38 9512 June 10, 2014 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Losty
  How do we know what we know, if we know anything? Mudhammam 12 2838 February 8, 2014 at 1:36 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  52 Life Lessons You Must Know! Big Blue Sky 29 6132 August 11, 2013 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Cato
  "How do you actually know you're real?" Creed of Heresy 42 9888 February 1, 2013 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Captain Scarlet
  How do I know the things I know? Akincana Krishna dasa 52 18940 October 27, 2012 at 4:22 am
Last Post: Angrboda