Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not all Muslims are Terrorists!
Not all Muslims are Terrorists!
How many times do we hear this from non-muslims defending Islam? I probably hear it once a week in some form or another. No shit! You know what I have never heard in my life? Anybody say "All Muslims are terrorists" Nobody has ever said this. It's like people are arguing against a statement that has never been made ever. It's dishonest and distracting from the real problems that we have with Islam. Mainly that it preaches morality from the 6th century.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Not all Muslims are Terrorists!
(August 19, 2015 at 4:04 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Mainly that it preaches morality from the 6th century.

Wow, that's a revelation?

What about christianity or judaism? They preach Iron Age morality. From the same desert region.

Fact is, there is no good religion when it comes to morality. And going by their extremes, they're all equally bad. And you would be surprised how many rightwing leaders make a political dime by making blanket statements about all muslims. You must be virtually deaf to not notice.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(August 19, 2015 at 4:09 pm)abaris Wrote:
(August 19, 2015 at 4:04 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Mainly that it preaches morality from the 6th century.

Wow, that's a revelation?

What about christianity or judaism? They preach Iron Age morality. From the same desert region.

Fact is, there is no good religion when it comes to morality. And going by their extremes, they're all equally bad. And you would be surprised how many rightwing leaders make a political dime by making blanket statements about all muslims. You must be virtually deaf to not notice.

Then it should be easy for you to come up with an example of a prominent right-wing politician calling all muslims terrorists. George Bush actually said the exact opposite and called Islam a religion of peace. A totally ridiculous and stupid statement if there ever was one.
Oh, so I googled "All Muslims are terrorists" to see if I could find someone making this claim, and the entire first page was people saying 'not all muslims are terrorists' Doing exactly what I said, refuting a claim that is made by no one.
And not all terrorists are muslims. Appears some are atheists.

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/07/29/radic...e-bombing/

Not sure how reputable the Daily Current is. There are several other sites with the same/similar story.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I said blanket statements and I usually mean what I write. Terrorism is your invention in the title.

Google blanket statements and I'm sure you will meet Heinz Christian Strache, Geert Wilders and some other equally admirable figures.
(August 19, 2015 at 4:21 pm)abaris Wrote: I said blanket statements and I usually mean what I write. Terrorism is your invention in the title.

Google blanket statements and I'm sure you will meet Heinz Christian Strache, Geert Wilders and some other equally admirable figures.

Well I'm specifically addressing the statement "Not all Muslims are terrorists" Which is definitely not my invention. If you are saying people make blanket statements, that's not exactly a revelation either.
(August 19, 2015 at 4:21 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: And not all terrorists are muslims. Appears some are atheists.

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/07/29/radic...e-bombing/

Not sure how reputable the Daily Current is. There are several other sites with the same/similar story.

That's a satire site. Like the onion.
(August 19, 2015 at 4:26 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Well I'm specifically addressing the statement "Not all Muslims are terrorists" If you are saying people make blanket statements, that's not exactly a revelation either.

But that's the problem. Negative blanket statements to incite large groups of people against another group of people.
(August 19, 2015 at 4:29 pm)abaris Wrote:
(August 19, 2015 at 4:26 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Well I'm specifically addressing the statement "Not all Muslims are terrorists" If you are saying people make blanket statements, that's not exactly a revelation either.

But that's the problem. Negative blanket statements to incite large groups of people against another group of people.

Okay? Sort of like the chants of death to America that happen all over the world. What does that have to do with what I'm talking about though?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muslims , please answer this . Enlightened Ape 13 2207 August 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims zebo-the-fat 19 4035 October 14, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 5695 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Remember]: how the Spanish infedels treated Muslims WinterHold 146 11609 August 8, 2020 at 4:18 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Muslims: If the Koran is Unaltered... chimp3 57 7754 April 21, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For being religious, Muslims sure lie a lot! Jehanne 12 1610 October 20, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Should muslims obey infidel leaders in non islamic countries? Rika82 6 1013 September 13, 2018 at 4:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Can muslims even be artists or game developers if imagery is forbidden? Rokan 0 513 August 29, 2018 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Rokan
  8000 Muslims massacred by White, racist European non-Muslims. All Euro vs Euro WinterHold 92 17805 June 13, 2018 at 12:54 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Good Muslims account_inactive 26 4598 March 3, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: account_inactive