Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cold Dead Grip of the Past Grabs Your Vorlon
The Cold Dead Grip of the Past Grabs Your Vorlon
OMFG !!

Was checking out at a local Walmart, and checkout lady asks me are you 'insert me real name here' ?!?!?!?!

"Um, yes" I reply.

She says "I'm (insert her first name here)"

I go, "(her first name) with my best guess at last name from recent obit of family friend with daughter of same name"

"No"  she says, "her real last name"

WOMP !!!

A long long time ago, in high school, I dated a REAL GIRL, from an adjoining school district, and usually double dated with her best friend and her best friend's boyfriend.

I was immature (all of us were then) and I was working through my same sex attraction, and looking back, it's pretty clear, I was there because of the other boyfriend, although, since none of the other other 3 went to my high school, I didn't have a 'history' of gnurdism with them, and was perceived as 'cool'.

(that's a good thing for you youngsters here)

Anyhow, it didn't end real well, I never made a pass at the other BF, but my lack of enthusiasm for my GF became an issue.

40 years later, the other GF is ringing me up at WallyWorld!

Ok, y'all know I'm a little blunt, and to this very day, not terribly skilled with the fairer sex.  So I say "So this is what became of you."

I realize now, of course, that was pretty crude.  In my defense, having a flashback of my brief (PRAISE JESUS !!!) hetero period was QUITE A JOLT !!!!

She took it in stride (did she remember me that acurately?  LOL !) and wrote her phone # on my receipt.

Background:

She was a rich girl in high school.  Her mom was quite well to do, dad not in picture as I recall back then)  Appearance wise, she's unrecognizable to me, gray hair (not that it's bad, just different than my memory of 40 years ago!!)  much shorter (I must be much taller now?) and BAD teeth.

Clearly, she's had a hard life.

I shared nothing, and she didn't offer much in the seconds available.

She definitely wants to resume the friendship.  Hate to say this, the only thing I want to know about is what happened to her BF !!!

OBVIOUSLY, it would be a BLESSING to never cross paths with her again, there is no good in store for her in any further interactions with me. OBVIOUSLY.

I am considering dropping her a note just outlining that I'm moved to make an amend to her in accord with the 9th Step of 12 Steppers (I don't care if she knows I'm in recovery) and that amend will manifest itself as me letting her proceed with her life in the fullness of whatever she can make of it with no further contact from me.

Clearly, not what she wants to hear, but maybe on point enough she will realize that even without knowing why, I am definitely doing her a favor.

What a weird and funny thing to have happened at WalMart !!!

(my purchases were VERY prosaic, she isn't going to figure out anything from the register tape, BTW)

Angel
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: The Cold Dead Grip of the Past Grabs Your Vorlon
Drink some hot coco and go to sleep.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

40 years !!

40 fucking years !!!

I like the hot coco idea, thanx.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Good luck with that *pat pat*
Still stunned a real live actual honest to goodness WOMAN can impinge upon me in my usual homo-lust reverie.

Tongue

Maybe it is just your long dormant hetero stage rearing its ugly head?

You should definitely explore this. Perhaps you are a closeted hetero? Hate to think of you not accepting yourself.
Uh... There there... Have a pic of Sam Elliott

[Image: e46795abe8e636f5b29cd3c3462ec21e.jpg]

feel better now?
There is something I'm not getting. A common event for me.

What do you think you need to make and amend for? PM if you'd like.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Don't sell yourself short, She could probably use a good guy like you in her life.  If she can't accept who you are then it is her loss.  You are a kind and funny person that is all that matters.  She would be better off with that if in fact she has had a hard life.
So I guess what I'll do then is dig a whole in the earth, climb in it, and go to sleep forever. When Vorlon's getting more chick's phone numbers than me, it's probably time to turn in.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cal Thomas caught channeling your vorlon !!! vorlon13 0 350 May 26, 2017 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Cold Dead Hand Foxaèr 1 1345 March 28, 2013 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: Darth
  Facebook in the past pocaracas 2 1189 November 3, 2012 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: festive1
  The Ghost Of Valentines past. Oldandeasilyconfused 2 1194 February 19, 2011 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused