Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrorist Massacre Prevented by US Soliders in France
Terrorist Massacre Prevented by US Soliders in France
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34037580

Tremendous selfless act by these 3 American chaps and 1 British guy. Took a guy down who had an AK47, a Pistol and a knife who was in the process of trying to murder people on a train in France. Apparently his AK jammed as he went to fire, and the American chaps just took him down (one guy got a serious slash to the neck for his efforts). Honoured in France today, great guys.

On a side note, the terrorist chap has said that he simply found the guns on a park where he was sleeping and jumped on the train to rob people for food (lol, yeah, sure mate). The question remains therefor why he didn't just rob a supermarket, or somewhere with a good salad bar.

On another depressing side note:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34036644

The barbarians aren't just at the gate, they're already here.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
RE: Terrorist Massacre Prevented by US Soliders in France
So, they are so insecure about their god that they have to blow up ancient temples to long forgotten gods in order to protect their own?

It is really sad. I've always thought one of the greatest human tragedies was the loss of the Library at Alexandria. When religious fanatics destroy ancient wonders and knowledge to protect their own religion, I hang my head in shame to be a member of the same species.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Feel the same, Aroura (hi btw, long time no see). Treasures of antiqity that existed thousands of years before their idiotic god was invented, and now we'll never see it again.

Thank god for the British Empire in some respects that they stole loads of the ancient treasures that used to be there. Without the British Library hoarding many of them, and the works of great dedicated archaeologists like Khaled al-Asaad who labored his entire life to protect and restore the ancient buildings there (who himself was beheaded for refusing to tell militants where many of the treasures had been hidden), we'd probably have lost everything.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I know, they killed the archeologist, that's so fucking sick! Ugh, the whole thing is disgusting, how they are going around destroying all these ancient sites and artifacts.

It is kind of ironic that right now, I am glad the Brits stole and hoarded some of the artifacts...at least they will be safe from these loons.

Oh, and good to see you too! Big Grin
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Spanish authorities knew he'd previously been to Syria, which leads me to wonder how the fuck he made it all the way to the Netherlands.

So it looks like this was a terrorist attack right? All that incredible, highly professional training dished out by ISIS could have probably told the guy that shooting up an incredibly tight, cramped space where you could be overpowered by multiple people, wasn't the best place to walk casually with an assault rifle.

Fucking amateur really.
To all the gun worshipers, look, 3 guys disarmed a guy with a gun and did so with no guns.
(August 24, 2015 at 10:54 am)Brian37 Wrote: To all the gun worshipers, look, 3 guys disarmed a guy with a gun and did so with no guns.

It helps when the gun jams, Billy Jack.
I read in one account that the terrorist put a hand gun to one of the guy's heads and pulled the trigger, but the gun jammed.

Scary shit indeed.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 24, 2015 at 11:08 am)Crossless1 Wrote:
(August 24, 2015 at 10:54 am)Brian37 Wrote: To all the gun worshipers, look, 3 guys disarmed a guy with a gun and did so with no guns.

It helps when the gun jams, Billy Jack.

It helps when some dude thinks guns give him the edge and then he runs into people who know better. All that firepower and he's reduced to a box cutter. The irony is savory.
(August 24, 2015 at 10:22 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: Feel the same, Aroura (hi btw, long time no see). Treasures of antiqity that existed thousands of years before their idiotic god was invented, and now we'll never see it again.

Thank god for the British Empire in some respects that they stole loads of the ancient treasures that used to be there. Without the British Library hoarding many of them, and the works of great dedicated archaeologists like Khaled al-Asaad who labored his entire life to protect and restore the ancient buildings there (who himself was beheaded for refusing to tell militants where many of the treasures had been hidden), we'd probably have lost everything.

It certainly does put into perspective this modern nonsense of "returning" artifacts to countries where they are more than likely to be destroyed by the barbarians who live there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poland, Germany, France all love me Brian37 4 1601 April 21, 2023 at 7:05 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  BREAKING: Muslims confronting ISIS terrorist and save Austrian Wounded Cop. WinterHold 18 1269 November 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charlie Hebdo republished "Mohammed Cartoons" to mark terrorist attack trial Fake Messiah 3 415 September 3, 2020 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Yellow Vest protests masked by a terrorist attack WinterHold 7 1367 December 14, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Vive L' France! Minimalist 6 571 November 14, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Yemen children massacre WinterHold 14 1729 September 5, 2018 at 6:11 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  The Saturday Night Massacre continues. Brian37 35 1997 August 16, 2018 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  another dead and 4 injured in France ignoramus 7 852 May 13, 2018 at 5:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Latest mass shooting in France CapnAwesome 20 2372 March 25, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: henryp
  FBI labels black activists as new terrorist threat Foxaèr 25 4214 October 13, 2017 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus