Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:36 am

Poll: Are you a dog or a cat?
This poll is closed.
Dog
38.46%
5 38.46%
Cat
7.69%
1 7.69%
Neither
46.15%
6 46.15%
A balance of both
7.69%
1 7.69%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personality Test: Are you a Cat or a Dog?
Personality Test: Are you a Cat or a Dog?
Christopher Hitchens (I just happen to be reading his work. No particular reason. Didn't have anything else to do.) tells us that if you give a dog food, water, shelter and affection, it will think that you are god. If you give a cat food, water, shelter and affection, it will think that it is god.

How do you respond when others provide things for you? Are you grateful like a dog? Indifferent like a cat? Think about it. We all know what the anser should be but when you take an honest look at yourself, how do you tend to respond?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Personality Test: Are you a Cat or a Dog?
Children begin as dogs and become cats during adolescence.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I'm a bear. Wake me while I'm sleeping and I'mma FUCK YOU UP.

(ಠ_ಠ)
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(August 28, 2015 at 5:53 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Christopher Hitchens (I just happen to be reading his work. No particular reason. Didn't have anything else to do.) tells us that if you give a dog food, water, shelter and affection, it will think that you are god. If you give a cat food, water, shelter and affection, it will think that it is god.

That myth predates Hitchens by at least centuries.

I would be neither, since I wouldn't think someone giving me all of the above to be a god. At the same time I wouldn't be under the delusion of being a god.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Quote:Christopher Hitchens tells us that if you give a dog food, water, shelter and affection, it will think that you are god. If you give a cat food, water, shelter and affection, it will think that it is god.

Sounds suspiciously like a Twain quote: 'Every man who has a dog to worship him should have a cat to ignore him.'

I don't fit into either category, really. I've always though of myself as a slightly disheveled hedgehog. Not overly neat, pretty quiet, but I can be prickly of handed incorrectly.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 28, 2015 at 6:12 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:Christopher Hitchens  tells us that if you give a dog food, water, shelter and affection, it will think that you are god. If you give a cat food, water, shelter and affection, it will think that it is god.

Sounds suspiciously like a Twain quote:  'Every man who has a dog to worship him should have a cat to ignore him.'

I don't fit into either category, really.  I've always though of myself as a slightly disheveled hedgehog.  Not overly neat, pretty quiet, but I can be prickly of handed incorrectly.

Boru
Twain, yes. Now there's a master.

I've seen you get prickly with some of out more insipid theist around here. You are a master, too. A subtle one.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
Ooooh can I be a platypus??

[Image: tumblr_inline_nrpma8w1A81qgp297_540.jpg]
I suppose I am more like a dog than a cat. When people treat me well I am grateful, rather than assuming that I simply deserve such treatment.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
No, we don't know what the answer should be - I'm assuming you mean we should be like dogs. I think neither is "the right answer" - there is no such thing.

I'm a cat. Definitely.

I've heard Hitchens talk about this in one of his talks, I think. Humorous thing, really.
I think it comes down to how you were raised.

Personally I'm overly grateful whenever someone helps me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That unofficial cat thread. Brian37 13 1191 October 21, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Avoidant Personality Disorder Ahriman 12 972 October 20, 2022 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Help Making Indoor Cat into Outdoor cat. vulcanlogician 22 1910 May 1, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 1964 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My cat is sneezing WinterHold 22 2308 April 26, 2020 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Your favorite type of Dog Docto021 23 1430 May 6, 2019 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Transitioning test runs... Gawdzilla Sama 21 1080 November 2, 2018 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My cat is the weirdest thing Foxaèr 17 1732 October 9, 2018 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Mermaid
  What are you feeding your dog? brewer 36 1578 July 14, 2018 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  My Favorite Personality Test So Far Edwardo Piet 23 4188 June 2, 2018 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Shell B