Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry, Mr. Secretary
Sorry, Mr. Secretary
The man is not crazy.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/20...n-nsa.html

Quote:Kerry says Snowden should ‘man up’ and return to U.S.

Quote:“If he cares so much about America and he believes in America, he should trust in the American system of justice,”

I don't know who you think you are conning with that shit.  Maybe we could ask Bradley Manning for an opinion?
RE: Sorry, Mr. Secretary
I can't imagine why Snowden would return.
No way would I believe any promises by the state were I him.
Whistle blowers are usually punished pour encourager les autres.
But I can't imagine why Stalin's diplomats abroad would return home to be purged either.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
Those news are so 2014.
If Snowden had exposed Nixon's government, Kerry's tune would have been completely different. The bastard.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Kerry is saying a bunch of bullshit.  If Snowden has any sense at all, he will not willingly return to the U.S. unless he first gets a full Presidential pardon for everything he has ever done.  If he willingly returns on any other terms, he is a moron.

Kerry's crap about Snowden going to Cuba is an attempt at obfuscation, as Cuba was not the final destination, only a stopping point along the way (just like Russia was supposed to be, before the U.S. cancelled Snowden's passport).  And Kerry's nonsense about conflating love and trust is moronic.  One can love something or someone, without trusting that someone or something.  In Snowden's case, he seems to love the U.S. and (wisely) does not trust the U.S.

Kerry should stop talking nonsense and "wise up" instead of telling Snowden to man up.  Kerry is a dishonest piece of shit.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Kerry's rhetoric has crossed over into the surreal. I mean yeah, it makes perfect sense for someone who blew the whistle on abuses related to the US justice system to trust that same justice system.

Yeah, makes perfect sense.
(August 29, 2015 at 12:29 am)Minimalist Wrote: Maybe we could ask Bradley Manning for an opinion?

Her name is Chelsea Manning now, FYI.
I like how Kerry pretends that we're all ignorant of the charges Snowden faces, which, filed under the Espionage Act, wouldn't allow him to cite a defense involving his whistle-blowing motives or the multiple vindications that the President's handpicked committee, federal judges, and Congress have all handed him.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Snowden did the right thing. The fact that our government seeks to prosecute him for that bespeaks the corrupt, cynical nature of our government.

Snowden did all Americans a favor. Too bad so many of them --us -- have our heads down in the pigtrough that we cannot be bothered to pressure the government to do the right thing: drop the charges, reinstate his passport, and ask him to testify in Congress about what he knows regarding the Security State.

The current government would prosecute Ellsberg, too. Regarding transparency and civil liberties, they are no better than Nixon's administration at all, and in many ways, worse, given the technology available.

Neil Peart, in "Beneath, Between, and Behind" Wrote:
Ten score years ago, defeat the kingly foe
A wondrous dream came into being
Tame the trackless waste, no virgin land left chaste
All shining eyes, but never seeing

Beneath the noble bird
Between the proudest words
Behind the beauty, cracks appear
Once with heads held high
They sang out to the sky
Why do their shadows bow in fear?

Watch the cities rise
Another ship arrives
Earth's melting pot and ever growing
Fantastic dreams come true
Inventing something new
The greatest minds, and never knowing

Beneath the noble bird
They sang out to the sky

The guns replace the plow, facades are tarnished now
The principles have been betrayed
The dreams's gone stale, but still, let hope prevail
History's debt won't be repaid

Beneath the noble bird
They sang out to the sky

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Putin & the UN secretary general. Jehanne 4 364 April 26, 2022 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Louisiana cemetery 'sorry' after denying officer burial 'because he is black' zebo-the-fat 25 1517 January 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  US Defense Secretary Mattis Quits BrianSoddingBoru4 29 2782 December 22, 2018 at 6:34 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  NFL Team Considering Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for Head Coach Seraphina 10 1262 November 18, 2018 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  Brian37: Sorry For Your Loss BrianSoddingBoru4 2 411 August 6, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  V.A. secretary Shulkin FIRED! c172 7 1087 March 29, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sorry, Brits - "Daft Twerp" Doesn't Begin to Cover It Minimalist 17 3086 October 23, 2017 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Sorry, North Korea. Minimalist 4 1058 March 30, 2017 at 11:15 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Mnuchin confirmed as treasury secretary 53-47 c172 4 635 February 13, 2017 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I feel sorry for the Kahn Family. Darwins Disciple 10 2754 November 25, 2016 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: paulpablo