Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incest and children.
Incest and children.
So, this thread is based off of:

Responding to "Homosexuality is wrong, the same way incest is wrong"http://atheistforums.org/thread-33548.html

The reason I'm starting a new topic is because I don't want to derail the original thread since it's about Homosexuality and Incest, not incest and children. As noted here:

(September 1, 2015 at 4:46 pm)(%% Trying to avoid calling out %%) Wrote:
(September 1, 2015 at 3:08 pm)IanHulett Wrote: Well, yeah, I agree, but I feel with all the problems that result from children from sibling parents, or whatever, it's safer to adopt. That's all I was really saying.

It's not as dangerous as most people think it is.
there's obviously a disagreement as to how dangerous incestuous sex is to the offspring... so I felt this is a great topic to discuss.
I'm going to take a neutral position since I don't know both sides... just what I was told... and that is that incest is dangerous to blood related offspring.

So, to start... What's everybody's thoughts on this?
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
RE: Incest and children.
I already made a comment in reference to this in another thread.

I can understand the increased rate of birth defects, but to be honest that is proportionate to continual generations of incest.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
You can get the full context of the issue with the link.
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

Do we really need three threads about incest going on at once?
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Nope.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
There's another thread? Can I get a link to it?

The honest answer is, I don't know. I'm not up to scratch how many birth defects actually happen.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(September 1, 2015 at 8:45 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Do we really need three threads about incest going on at once?

I found another one located here: http://atheistforums.org/thread-35803.ht...ght=incest

but it's not addressing the issue I'm addressing. Unless there's another?

I did a search and this is all I found:

http://atheistforums.org/search.php?acti...order=desc

So, I dunno.

Rather than asking people's opinions on the subject, it would be better to do some research.  Here is a place you can start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inbreeding

To give a specific example, in the case of first cousins breeding, it doubles the chances of genetic disorders compared with unrelated people breeding.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(September 1, 2015 at 8:53 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: Rather than asking people's opinions on the subject, it would be better to do some research.  Here is a place you can start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inbreeding

To give a specific example, in the case of first cousins breeding, it doubles the chances of genetic disorders compared with unrelated people breeding.

Well, I was hoping to do a combination of both. So that I can hear the sides of people here as well as research. That's something that's been helpful with me for a while now. The whole point was to research and discuss what I've learned with others to better understand the subject. One of the sources I found on the subject was: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ani...lem-incest

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Children visiting Grandma rejoice John V 19 2196 July 31, 2018 at 7:06 am
Last Post: John V
  Why are children allowed to act in TV shows/movies? Alexmahone 10 2544 May 27, 2018 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Adopting Children of Another Race Shell B 62 4526 February 13, 2018 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  The horrifying brutality of prenatal confinement of children. Gawdzilla Sama 14 2025 January 19, 2018 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Children WinterHold 23 2181 December 2, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Desire to have children Interaktive 10 2088 July 20, 2017 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Transgendered children KUSA 245 30397 February 15, 2017 at 3:34 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Children not getting breakfast robvalue 32 4411 January 12, 2017 at 12:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What do your children like? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 3 1080 July 26, 2015 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Artificial Children? KUSA 31 6349 June 27, 2015 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: dyresand