Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT REMAINS...
WHAT REMAINS...
After you've died, what do want done with your remains and why? Have any changes in your belief system or any other events caused your change your mind?

A. Traditional burial:  timeless classic

B. Cremation:  space saver

C. Donation for med research, etc:  do-gooder (possible cheapskate)

D. Other:  includes being put in fridge uncovered, until someone gets off their ass and throws your body in the trash

My answer's C. Has been most of my adult life. I honestly can't stand the thought of $15,000 being spent on me after I'm dead.

My apologies if a similar thread has been posted recently. I'm sure this subject pops up on a regular basis.
RE: WHAT REMAINS...
Thena, do a poll! easier ...
It's best to do a poll now once you've got your options.
Then edit your post if you like and remove the second double up of options... just a thought.
Mine's :B
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The logical answer is C.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(September 2, 2015 at 8:00 am)ignoramus Wrote: Thena, do a poll! easier ...
It's best to do a poll now once you've got your options.
Then edit your post if you like and remove the second double up of options... just a thought.
Mine's :B

Arghhh. Crapola. Thanks!
C, I'm already registered as an organ and tissue donor. I couldn't care less what happens to my mortal remains once I'm dead, since I'll be...y'know...dead Tongue
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
C, though my wife says she calls dibs on certain parts... Smile

I am also registered for donation of everything except sperm. Blood, bone marrow, organs...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Cremated and then have the ashes finely ground, turned into a paste by mixing with the finest emollients and precious oils, and then rubbed vigorously into Sam Elliot's chest hair.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Whatever my wife desires. Right now it's cremation and our urns are to be placed together in a designated spot.

I personally don't care since I'll be dead. This condition guarantees I won't be inconvenienced or be obligated to render an opinion.
There's a nearby Body farm in Quantico, VA. I wonder if the cadavers used for medical research end up there at some point. Anybody know?
Tibetan sky burial. It's the most metal. \m/

Speaking of metal burials, I can see an up tick in Viking burials when our generation gets old, inspired by GoT and the like.

But I'll most liket go with whatever's cheapest. Maybe I'll dig a party hole while I'm young.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue